???????
  • Posted On: Mar 17 2005 2:08am
I sure think of Dolash as being the leader of the GC.

He does most of the work.
  • Posted On: Mar 17 2005 3:49am
Wasn't Dolash named leader of the GC after that 'war' thingy that had the OOC forum inflated by over a thousand posts?
  • Posted On: Mar 17 2005 5:39am
Dolash has been, offically, the leader of GC since the merger and war with TNO became an issue.

Before that, everyone concluded that Griff ran the group. However, since they were merging and collaborating on attacks, it was concluded that Griff couldn't be the leader of both ORS and GC. So Dolash was nominated as leader of GC, and has been recognized that way for a while.

I dunno what happened with the merger, since Griff says he was gone. And it hasn't been an issue until now, but that's the way I remember things.
  • Posted On: Mar 17 2005 5:41am
If Griff left, then he surrendered any claim of leadership he had. He could certainly ask Dolash for his previous status back, but that would be entirely at Dolash's discretion.

IMO, at least.
  • Posted On: Mar 18 2005 5:00am
Er.... I am not making any claims of power here. I was just making a statement to back up Jan.
  • Posted On: Mar 21 2005 2:47am
As of the merger between New Rebellion (the original one, not the current one), AGM and MCR Dolash and I we co-leaders ICly and OOCly. Griff was simply the head of the military and we both respected his suggestions.

Then when Dolash was negotiating with TNO about a truce, he told me about the terms. I then told Griff and Marth. After that Simon told me that it was confidential and I wasn't allowed to tell members of other groups. I created a fuss about the truce, Ahnk said I broke the rules by leaking the information to Griff, because that wasn't seperating IC and OOC characters or something and Ahnk declared Dolash the leader of GC (despite the fact that I'm pretty sure a mod/admin can't do that). Then after the GC/ORS merge Dolash said he wanted to make a constitution, I was ok with that, but in the thread he made himself prime minister ICly without telling anyone.

And in no way has Griff been asking for his status as leader back because he was never a leader/owner of GC, just a founding member.

As for me not caring/not being around, well I did care and was around as much as possible, but I wasn't able to go on the computer during the summer because I was at camp (and that was when a lot of the changes happened). After then I was been the most active member at the GC board itself, while less active on the TRF board (hence why I know all the members, new and old, while Dolash didn't).
  • Posted On: Mar 21 2005 4:32am
Ahnk declared Dolash the leader of GC
There you have it folks...
  • Posted On: Mar 21 2005 4:45am
I did?
  • Posted On: Mar 21 2005 4:54am
Apparently so...

And in no way has Griff been asking for his status as leader back because he was never a leader/owner of GC, just a founding member.

FYI, Jan: when ORS merged with GC, that would have made Griff a group leader. But he left, and lost any such leadership. No one said he was trying to get his leadership position back.

Simply pointing out that he's not a group leader.
  • Posted On: Mar 21 2005 5:01am
Okay, I'm trying to remember what happened... I didn't declare Dolash as leader of the GC. Obviously I can't proclaim group leaders, or I would make myself head of TNO and formally disband it at my whim. What happened was that during the merger, and the war, we have Simon, Lup, and Theren on the side of TNO, and Kas was running Anthos, which was also involved fighting the GC. The nuetral staff (me, basically, but Damalis was around and might remember some of this) had to deal with the issue I described above (Griff being the leader of GC and ORS).

I don't ultimately know why Dolash was declared leader of GC (probably Jan having an ORS character), but basically the whole staff thought it was the best idea, and it just kinda happened. Gash and Kaine had been treating Dolash as the leader anyway, and at the time Jan, I think you kinda rolled with it.

What happened post merger, I dunno. In my opinion I think Dolash has a big stake in the group and should, at the very least, be considered a co-leader and have a vote in everything. I don't think Dolash wants to cut anyone "out of the loop" and "seize power"; I think his undisputed leadership is in character only as a safegaurd if you guys dissapear into thin air. I'm pretty sure all he wants is a say in any handing over of capital worlds... and I can't blame him. But if he's asking for complete OOC ownership... I dunno, I'd give it to him, but that's just me and not my completely unbiased staff opine.

Ta.