Who're you rooting for in America's 2004?
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 6:05am
Bah, I can't be assed to do the rant again, so here's a C&P from the ole website.

Of oil and family grudges

Ah, looks like our country is once again being dragged by the USA to a country we have no issues with so they can murder more of our soldiers and just for the hell of it, kill a few civies too. And for what? Disarming a guy whose only weapon is propoganda (and invading him without reason will only get him MORE support)? Making sure no one but you can reduce the world to a radiated, blood-thirsty stone age? Being sure that no one can propogate the hatred in the middle east *coughbombsharoncough*? No, it boils down to something far more simple. It's unfinished business. We went into Germany. Wham Germany dies. We go to war with Communism. Wham Communism dies. We go to Japan and throw our weight around. Wham Japan dies. We go into the middle east and look... we're still there, funding the Neonaz... I mean the Izrealis fight a war they never should have started, and more importantly, WE'RE GOING BACK TO IRAQ! It's gonna be like 199* all over again! And, hey, look... we have no support. Russia says they won't go, neither will France, Germany, Canada, Iceland, Sweedan, Australlia... so what do we do? OPEN OIL MARKET BABY! We'll let you guys be in on the rebuilding and civilian aid teams(READ: Oil thieves) we send in and you can spend pennies in aid and sell the gas like Nokturnal sells his ass crack. If thats not enough reason, they don't know what is. Evidenced by Colan Pounder calling out the French for refusing this generous offer. How dare they refuse to do their part in the war on peace? I mean terror... how dare they! If they didn't have those @#%$ street mimes can dodge bullets and trap themselves in bomb proof boxes, I'm sure France would already be a crater wider than... well, I don't know anything that is comparable in size to France, so I'll just say France. We'd beat them so hard they'll think they're the Montreal Canadiens. Anyway, I just basically wanted to say my piece that we're going to war with a country with no evidence of anything wrong when we have a nation slightly to the east THAT ADMITS IT IS BUILDING NUKES AND WANTS TO TURN THE WESTERN WORLD INTO A SEA OF FIRE SO HOT THEN WHEN IT FINISHES, IT WILL BE A DUSTY MOUND OF RUBBLE SO QUIET AND DEVOID OF LIFE YOU'D THINK YOU WERE IN THE SKYREACH CENTER FOR AN OILERS GAME! So anyway, since I know people probably don't agree with my train of thought, there are sure to be innumerable debates on Iraq as the war draws nearer at the EWB III, and I cruise it quite a bit so throw one up there if you want, and I will proceed to eat you like Vonta eats a @#%$.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 6:34am
We aren't making you look bad. You made yourself look bad if anyone did. We were arguing on our own, thank you. And no he didn't Gash. Hence the quote. And that was english. You said you don't argue about afore mentioned topics and I said that you can't argue with the factt that you do argue about them because we know you do.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 6:53am
No, no... You don't seem to realize that Theren just went through you two like a knife through butter. Stop posting while there's face to save ... not that there's much but still.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 3:47pm
All we saw here was a bunch of biased bullshit from both sides. Even though a lot of ours was true and a lot of Theren's was opinion turned into semi-fact.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 5:26pm
And no he didn't Gash.
What the @#%$ are you talking about, Kamon?

Even though a lot of ours was true and a lot of Theren's was opinion turned into semi-fact.

See above.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 5:43pm
*Peeks out of hiding*

This argument is rather blistering... But I guess I can take a risk and post:

Democrats are, by and large, not very left-wing, as far as I've seen. The number of left-wing bills they introduce, the number of actions they take against right-wing decisions, are far less then right-wing groups take against left. So I do not, in general, support the way the Democratic Party of America does things. Thus, I will not try and defend them.

The problem with this is that the public itself is mostly left-wing. A man called Michael Moore collected an excellent number of statistics revealing the population of America to be in favour of things like more peace, less polution, healthcare for all. And before you dismiss it as not-true, he provides sites (from his book and his website) where he got this information, so if you doubt him you can check them.

And one of the things political groups fail to touch on, wether Republican or Democrat, is that more things can be dealt with diplomatically. If people attack America with terrorism, ARE YOU SURE it's because America is free? Maybe they've suffered at the hands of Americans in the past? A lot of nations have. There are few pro-saddam cells left in Iraq, but plenty of cells that hate American troops who killed family members, maybe by accident, maybe not, or hate how a foreign power has "conquered" a part of their land. Maybe if America had been nicer to people, more friendly, then they would have nothing to fear from the middle-east.

Now, don't get me, wrong, Saddam was evil, but what is the bigger lie:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

or

"They have purchased enriched uranium from South Africa for Weapons of Mass Destruction."

One got a president impeached. The other got you going to war, only to find out "Whoops, we were wrong. Nothing yet."

Imagine, if you will, the U.N. gathering a huge international army to retake America from Bush, because bush was invading other countries like crazy. Many americans might cheer to see him go (he wasn't even elected, anyways, he was appointed over Gore) but all it would take would be one bomb to go wrong, or one tank to have a mechanical failure, and you've got civilian casualties and angry people. Its' the same in Iraq. An occupation force, even a liberating, just one, is always seen as a bad thing, a blow against national pride, and there are plenty out there who would like to see their country back in the hands of its' people.

Now, I like Americans. I meet them, they're good people. Its' just that there are many in power and many in the media who twist America's fine sense of Justice. You all KNOW the Bush family has a lot of Oil dealing, and that pipelines supported by the Bush family are continuing into the countries that have been liberated, oddly enough not considered a conflict of interest. There are problems with this war. The enemy may be evil, but the reasons are pretty bad too.

Anyways, I just hope a friendly, fair, Democratic Democrate, like Clark gets in. He'll help the poor, of that I have no doubt, he won't start any wars (even though he is an ex-general, he says "Once you see young people die in battle, you never want to see it again."), and if he can't change America's image and do good for people in different countries, no one can.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 6:33pm
because bush was invading other countries like crazy.

Er... yeah.

(even though he is an ex-general, he says "Once you see young people die in battle, you never want to see it again.")

I truly hope he has the guts to take military action when it is called for, and not be a pushover wimp. And yes, oftentimes military action is quite justified.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 6:34pm
Obviously sometimes, just not as often as Bush seems to think.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 8:41pm
Afghanistan, and Iraq were both justified wars, Dolash. Unlike half of the colonial wars, and occupations Britian has been responsible for.
  • Posted On: Jan 21 2004 9:38pm
"They have purchased enriched uranium from South Africa for Weapons of Mass Destruction."

That wasn't a lie, as a lie requires intentional attempt at deceit.

That was basing his statement on a lie however - he was told by Iraqi scientists who escaped that this stuff was being filtered in. The scientists were trying their damndest to get Bush to attack Iraq to free their families.

Personally, I find it a shame that the world has gotten to the point where a madman has to have nuclear weapons in order to get them off their asses to stop him.