Who're you rooting for in America's 2004?
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 12:41am
Boy I must not read the news very much. I never saw that. My bad. Right. We should have done it anyway, Ralen.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 12:59am
I don't really care about politics and all that stuff, so I only have one thing to say.

I officially hate Ralen. He called Theren a non-american infidel. Theren is Canadian. I'm Canadian. That implies I'm an infidel. Not to mention that I already hated americans who claimed they only lost one war(the Vietnam war), when in fact they lost the 1812 war. Don't deny it, you attacked us, and then at the end of the war, the borders stayed the same, meaning you didn't gain anything.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 2:24am
We so totally whipped you.

And in case you're thinking of anything, we've still got the same cannons! :)
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 2:30am
when in fact they lost the 1812 war. Don't deny it, you attacked us, and then at the end of the war, the borders stayed the same, meaning you didn't gain anything.

Firstly, I was being a smartass when talking to Theren. My best friend is a Canadian.

Secondly...the war of 1812 wasn't fought against Canada...we were just forced out after failed diplomacy. We beat the English, hence winning the war.

I seriously hope that Canada doesn't consider their telling Americans to get out of their country during its infancy an astounding military achievement against a world super power....
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 2:49am
Of course we do.

Have you watched the history channel? America went to war with Canada because American sailors got press-ganged into service by british ships. The Americans had a huge army compared to the tiny garrison in Canada (most soldiers were fighting napoleon), but thanks to General Brock's bold tactics, the Canadians not only pushed back the huge invasion, but also burned the white house, launched their own invasion, and generally kicked-ass and took names.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 2:50am
Indeed. We were much smaller then.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 3:04am
That wasn't the Canadian official army...that was the British Royal Army...
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 5:47am
...which at that time consisted almost entirely of militia.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 6:00am
Umm. No. THe Royal Army was just that th Royal Army. Often referred to as the Redcoats.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2004 6:10am
It wasn't until Napelon was truly defeated before British Military might could be brought to bear against USA, and even then we still kicked ass (Battle of New Orleans).