Kyric
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 8:53am
And that bit about the ruling is nothing personal. This is the same stance I took with Joren. I fought Isstal too. Hell, I fought Itala Marzullo at the time despite the fact that we were in character allies.

But it does irk me that BDE seems to always be at the center of the storm.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 12:42pm
When does an PC become an NPC? At what level of "roleplaying" inactivity?
Never. A writer should always have the final word on every single character he creates, no matter how long he is absent from a board. I would consider killing a character absolutely out of the question, unless the writer has specifically stated "do whatever you want to my characters; I don't care". And no character should ever be NPC'ed unless the writer of that character has given express (or implied) permission to do so, as in the case of Gash giving Theren to Omnae, or members of a faction writing for each other, or long-time friends trusting each other. In Apparitions, I made Grevious send me his posts beforehand when he was NPCing Sam, to make sure he got it right.

When Kamon left, he should have been quietly written out in the quickest way possible, or ignored completely and his group and planets removed from IC play. Instead he and his group were given more attention than he deserved, considering that he'd quit the board. I don't think someone who quits a board should have one single IC word written about them (or even OOC, actually), except for the bare minimum it takes to realistically write them out of a story.

And, I don't think anyone should ever write IC posts to express OOC attitudes (i.e. I hate Kamon, watch me screw with him), because this is what happens.

I don't know, just my semi-informed opinion.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 1:03pm
Samantha Koortyn
solid gold stuff

Couldn't have said it better myself. Listen to the words of the wise, kids.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 1:53pm
I would like to reply to one point that was consistently brought up, that being; "This is Kyric's planet, he can do what he wants with it."

This is incorrect. Kessel is BDE's planet. Kryic may have control over the planet internally, within BDE, but when an argument like this comes up the only thing the Staff will be concerned with is which OOCily approved group owns the planet.

Kessel is owned by BDE. Farfalen is no longer a group that is 'recognized' by the Staff, only BDE is recognized as an official group capable of owning planets and fleets.

The Haunting was planned with, and has been written with a senior BDE member, the only senior BDE member who was present at the time. That is the extent of our obligation. Kamon and I had to contact BDE about our RP (we did so). Any further action regarding who would 'defend' the planet is BDE's responsibility, not ours.

It's not the duty of roleplayer A to decide out who defends what for group B.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 3:01pm
As to the question posed by Om, I agree with Sam's statement. What she said seems to be the best thing. Especially with me. I, if you hadn't noticed which seems unlikely, have a tendency to blow up and then do something. In this case I left. I get really annoyed and it causes me to do rash things like leaving. But now that I have decided to come back, I am being refused the rights to my character, which I created well over three years ago. I want my character back and it's reasonable to say I should be allowed to have him back by escaping or I should be able to kill him off. In this case I want him back.

And Om, what you said is pretty cool. Thanks man.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 3:34pm
Fine, having discussed the matter with a few members of BDE and weighing our options, we have bowed to the staffs descion, however we may disagree with it.

Sam: When he left forever, Grevious killed him. It was by my grace we just jailed him instead. He left under extremely poor circumstance and situation.

Ahnk: Maybe group wise we are, but then again you can say that to an awful lot of people individual wise, or more recently staffwise. Besides, without contraversy, things would be so much more dull :D

Kas: No, It is Kyrics planet <b>AND</b> a BDE world. Do not deem to tell the members of BDE their own orginizational structure. Go make a deal with Istaal for Krakens territory if thats the way you think things work everywhere. Kyric and Grevious are just about the same level on the power scale in BDE, and their authority holds just the same weight in command descions. Farfalen is a political entity within BDE much as Black Tion or the Centrallity are, individual and unified under the same banner. We are technically one group, but we act and RP as seperate pieces of the whole.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 3:56pm
Kas: No, It is Kyrics planet AND a BDE world. Do not deem to tell the members of BDE their own orginizational structure. Go make a deal with Istaal for Krakens territory if thats the way you think things work everywhere. Kyric and Grevious are just about the same level on the power scale in BDE, and their authority holds just the same weight in command descions. Farfalen is a political entity within BDE much as Black Tion or the Centrallity are, individual and unified under the same banner. We are technically one group, but we act and RP as seperate pieces of the whole.

On an OOC level, BDE is a single group.

That's what I'm getting at. Any sub-divisions inside the group you want to make you can. You can give everyone absolute authority over their own planets, should you so desire, that's your issue. It's not something an attacker or someone who wants to RP with you should have to be concerned about.

If I attack Kessel, and Grevious doesn't reply because Kyric said he would kill him if he touched one of his planets, yet I take Kessel via the 72-hour rule because Kyric is not around to defend his planet, that's your problem, not mine.

See what I'm saying? You can be as sub-divided as you want IC, but OOC it's just BDE.

Go make a deal with Istaal for Krakens territory if thats the way you think things work everywhere.

If Isstal has more authority than Kraken, he could do that, I guess. That would be something TNO would have to deal with internally, not something I should have to be really worried about. Obviously, if a newbie tries to sell me Coruscant, I would be suspicious, but if it’s a long-standing member I'll act on good faith and deal.

If a TNO member sells me a planet he wasn't supposed to sell me, I would probably give it back, but it's really TNO's problem, and more importantly, the offending member's problem.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 4:02pm
Im just saying, you assume Grevious is senior and Kyric is not. Thats an untruth I am merely trying to correct.

Now go approve my Cloud :yuck
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 4:05pm
No, I assume that Grevious was the most senior member because both you and Kyric were MIA and absent.
  • Posted On: Jul 29 2004 4:08pm
The pecking order

Me
Grevious, Kyric, Stephanie
The Rest