Star Wars: Empire at War
  • Posted On: Feb 20 2006 3:32am
Its not.

I just got E@W.

So far, its middiling. Granted I haven't been playing for that long... but I was hoping for a new, updated form of Star Wars Rebellion (Supremacy for you British Types) and I am dissappointed.

I think E@W lacks the free-formness of Rebellion. It still a good Star Wars game... but I am not as pleased as I thought I would be.

It still has time... plus I think playing mutiplayer will probably change my mind.
  • Posted On: Feb 20 2006 6:05pm
Personally, I believe they didn't include enough hero type characters or enough ships for options. But oh well, go figure that these guys would mess up somehow. I still like the fleet system in it though I'm annoyed with the whole concept of reinforcements. It should just be an all out sluggfest between ships, but instead they give us limits. Ugh, damn them and their need to make the graphics so good it uses up computer power.

Also just beat the Galactic conquest on medium yesterday. Biggest map. Death Star was alright but they just didn't make the game as fun as Rebellion. I feel kinda robbed after having been used to building up intelligence networks and massive warfleets in Rebellion, plus the diplomacy system. Talk about feeling nostalgic and robbed. At least the game is amusing.

Oh well, that's my two cents.
  • Posted On: Feb 21 2006 10:04pm
Bought it. Played it. Loved it.

I do admit though, I am slightly disappointed.
  • Posted On: Feb 21 2006 10:16pm
so do you guys think its worth buying?
  • Posted On: Feb 22 2006 12:27am
Yes.
  • Posted On: Feb 22 2006 8:48am
You guys have already beaten it?

I'll probably be picking it up this weekend when I have a chance to get to the mall. Been "afk" for a few days because my girlfriend was visiting, and now I'm busy with classes and crap.

Beff: Stuff to download? Hit me up on AIM if I ever get the chance to jump on.
  • Posted On: Feb 23 2006 1:21am
I'm playing the Imperial campaign. Pesky rebels.
  • Posted On: Feb 23 2006 1:25am
I beat both within two days times. :D
  • Posted On: Feb 23 2006 7:21pm
Is there a clone wars campaign? I saw some Acclamators in the commercial...
  • Posted On: Feb 23 2006 9:10pm
I've moved rooms and have to get my internet connection moved, which won't happen until March 2nd. Hopefully I'll pick up the game this weekend and work on the single player campaign until then though.