Help!!
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 3:13am
I'm just giving my opinion/suggestion. And I'm betting it would work better than finding some game for them both to play. Or a combination of both might work.
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 3:19am
meh...I won't be much help despite the fact I am of the female kind: my mind is more male in the line of thinking as far as games go. :P

Just a shot in the dark...but maybe she could be interested in Dance Dance Revolution?
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 3:48am
Just for the suggestion, my dear... you've earned this..

~Eats Slaskias head~
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 3:57am
I was walking by the arcade in the local mall today, and saw some kid playing DDR. It was really impressive, and I would have watched for much longer if I didn't just about bust out laughing. He was nerd through and through. He needed a pocket protector.

Guild Wars, maybe? That's the only MMO that I know of that is fee-less and supported. I think the game pack will run you like, fifty bucks. After that you're in the gold.

You could try googling for Morning's Wrath and Eternal Lands, both of them free online MMO's.
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 7:52am
You could just... stop playing games when she calls?
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 10:34am
www.mapleglobal.com

it's free and easy to learn even for non gamers, it's a bitch to advance once you hit 20 so it should at least be a bit challenging for you, and it has enough little cute monsters and stuff to appeal to any girl

plus, if you take her over there and ditch her, just give ma a holler so me and my guild can keep her entertained... look for SighRen.. I'm the badass archer in the catsuit :b

oh, there is also www.maplesea.com but I don't play over there... completely differant program to download...

www.hidden-street.net and www.mapletip.com have all your mapling needs as well..

first free tip, if you get on the Orbis boat at any time, get your ass in the cabin as quick as possible and stay there, or you'll get raped by the balrog

forgot to mention that if you do try maple, you have to make a character on Broa for me to help you :)
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 11:42am
Like Titus said, Guild Wars. Guild Wars is coming out with a new game this weekend called Guild Wars Factions that looks really cool. Two new classes will be introduced: assassins and ritualists. All of the old classes will be back too: elementalist, mesmer, ranger, monk, warrior, and necromancer. It is a great game and lots of fun to play with people you know. I believe there was an article on msn last week about a family that played together from different parts of the country.
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 1:41pm
I'll third the "get off the computer when she calls" -- or even better, call her first, before getting on, and get it out of the way.
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 4:08pm
No girl is worth stopping a game of DOTA, let me just say that right now. So you can quit with that suggestion.

The issue is not really that I play games any more. I always call her back within ten minutes. She really just seems genuinely interested in finding a game we can play together. She spends loads of time on the computer just like me, as the phone and internet are the only means for us to really keep in touch when living 800 miles apart. This would be sort of like a way for us to spend time doing something together other than talking, so really I think it's not a bad idea.

Thanks for the input. If you all come up with anything else let me know.
  • Posted On: Apr 24 2006 4:23pm
Yeah. Nothing can stop DotA.

I come from a group that's been able to play it for 48 hours. Sweet sweet energy drinks....

GO ZEUS! SMITE ALL WHOM OPPOSE YOU! BWAH HA HA HA!