Question
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 6:42pm
I've been gone for a long time cause of a few things, and now that its summer i'd like to write something stuff again now that i got more time. However Corise seems to have disappeared and i can't get a hold of him to talk to him about stuff so i was wondering what exactly i should do in the way to writing again. I would like to do something with the sojourn but again since Corise isn't here i'm not exactly sure how to work it.

I was thinking maybe just starting over on my own outside of the Confed, but wanted to make sure that was ok and everything before i did anything.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 8:55pm
Hi and welcome back Xiantus!

As an individual there is nothing to stop you from writing in the Battlegrounds.

You do not need Corise to do so, you are your own person here.

What you are asking to do is perfectly reasonable.

I must confess I do not know much about the Sojourn? is this a kind of group within the Confed?

All I would say is this, common sense, breaking your group away could be an interesting storyline, and give you much material to write with, but it is always wise to check OOC with the person who you are with first.

More out of respect than anything.

Now, it seems you have tried to do this, and have not met with any luck.

In this position, I would support you to go it alone, as would the rest of the staff I am sure. You have done your bit, in my eyes.

I would advise you to just re-read the rules TRF has about Groups:

http://therebelfaction.com/forums/faq.php?faq=therules#faq_rules_charactersandgroups

Especially the part about Characters and groups:

A character may realistically only be able to 'own' one planet outside of a group setting. Since character ownership will not be listed in the Planet List in the OOC Forum, it is recommended that the writer make mention of this in their character's biography, perhaps also summarizing the events in the roleplay where ownership occurred.
Any questions?
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:33pm
You have officially been PM'd.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:36pm
I thought the Sojourn was one of Corise's primary fleet ships.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:42pm
Ah, I see, well this might change things a bit.

Xiantus, could you be more clear on what it is you want to do?

Leaving a group is one thing, but taking along one of its major assets is something else altogether.

in order for the staff to give you a definitive yes or no on this, we would need more info on what this Sojourn is, and what you plan to do with it?

I was under the impression this Sojourn was actually the name of a sub-faction or something, and not a an actual major group asset.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:48pm
I can find no evidence of a starship called Sojourn after a brief scan via the forum's handy "search" button. On the other hand, the Sojourn are referenced as a sort of "race" of synthetic life-form.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:50pm
If that's the case, then what I said previously still stands.

As long as the common sense rule is followed, there should not be a problem.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 10:55pm
First Smarts i read ur PM over and will have to think about something but that is pretty interesting and would be kinda awesome. It would take a little doing to get the sojourn to a little more advanced level, right now I've pretty much only got the just made them or established them.

Second Beff haha i've never heard of that ship before and im not sure it exists, if it does then it must have been after my little absence. AND nice new trippy avatar thingy.

Third as i said above the Sojourn are not a ship but a sub-faction like u thought. What i was thinking of was splitting the Sojourn from the Confederation and just turning them into a faction of their own for the moment to grow or whatever. OR just starting over completely on the sojourn which i figure while a step backwards wouldn't hurt the universe that much cause i haven't had connect with anyone outside the Confederation and really haven't done much yet. ATM i think i've done 3 threads with them and they only sorta own one planet whos take over was never really finished completely.
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 11:03pm
Can I ask what efforts you have tried to get in contact with Corise?

PM, AIM / MSN etc and email?

and how long have you been trying to get hold of him?

If you have tried these and not gotten any kind of response, then I would say you have done your bit.

It doesn't make any sense for one active RP'er who is eager to write to be held back by someone else's absence.

Stuff happens, in RL we all have to take that onboard, I've been there myself (trust me on that haha)

Is there anyone else who can perhaps speak for the Confed?

Also, I am curious Xiantus, is this 'Sojourn' a creation of your own or is it star wars? or of Corises creation?
  • Posted On: Jul 2 2010 11:19pm
Well i wanted to get back into this for a few weeks but i thought i better wait for Corise to appear or talk to him before i do anything. I've been trying to get to him on aim, and I haven't pmed him as of yet just because neither Corise nor his other accounts have been used in almost 2 months now. I don't really know his email or any other real way to get in touch with him. I kinda feel bad about separating but i have no idea when or if hes gonna be back anytime soon.

And about the confederation, as far as i know im the only other Confed person besides corise and i've been gone long enough and really just don't trust myself to speak for the confederation.

And about the Sojourn, they are a species of synthetic-life that i created.