Planetary Takeovers
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 5:39am
So what would you propose Mr hollow? Merge the two takeover threads? I will admit I've done a couple of takeover threads that way in the past, namely because I noticed ORS and GC getting away with it, among others.....

There should probably be a rule to the effect that if a linked thread to a takeover when present in the planets thread doesn't not list notice of the planet being taken over then the takeover should be ruled null and void. Or something to that effect.
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 5:45am
It's only mandatory if it's another groups planet. That's always been the rule, since Endgame.
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 5:50am
Ah ok then. In that case, no I cannot think of any such threads I would have been involved in. Nor can I think of any such threads that I've read of. ;)
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 4:18pm
The 'Old Rules' are no longer the Rules, but we still play by them. TRF has years of tradition and staff-rulings that really arn't written down anywhere. It would be really hard to write these all down, and no one really has the time to do that.

So, yeah, as Lup said, any planetary takeover needs the name of the planet in its subject. If it's a multiple planet takeover, say as such in the title and list the planets at the top of the first post.
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 4:36pm
Amendum to Kas Post:

Regardless of wether they are owned or not
  • Posted On: Mar 30 2006 4:59pm
Yes.
  • Posted On: Mar 31 2006 12:45am
Alright that was my impression that the old rules were still followed and I've been doing my best to follow both sets.
  • Posted On: Mar 31 2006 4:53am
Yes, Staff rulings are usually in existance for most situations, primarily where conflicts between groups can occur. They aren't added to rules because thats too much work for us lazy staff to do every time we make a ruling, and because its usually common sense.

If you are ignorant of a previous staff ruling don't worry, maybe you weren't at TRF then, maybe it was so long ago you forgot. Still, feel free to ask, since cumulatively we as a staff do remember them all.
  • Posted On: Mar 31 2006 5:05am
Except for cases where the new rules directly overrule the old ones, I've just been treating the old rules as if they were rules. There's a lot of stuff in there that keeps everything running smooth.
  • Posted On: Mar 31 2006 11:22pm
Halloweenie, I've checked the planets list and every planet in my new thread is open. I changed the target from Serenno to Bandomeer in my other thread because the Union has already finished its own takover of Serenno.