Dantooine
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 6:20am
Just wondering if this is agreeable for change in the Cannon of Dantooine because, well, it would kinda make it harder for me to roleplay my character if said situations were true...:

A) That the Jedi Academy was something hidden and known to few. I could see, with the rise of the Jedi AND Sith, it being an active site. Both by TNO archeologists and, before the NR archeologists.

B) The Empire didn't use the old Academy ruins as a place for a Cloning Facility because, that'd be awkward if point A is true

C) That Admiral Dalaa pummeled Dantooine after Palpatine was ressurrected because, to my knowledge, in the storyline of TRF, there was no clone of Palpatine made. Well, there were wannabes ;)

D) That the Yuuzhan Vong didn't twist around Dantooine for their needs or that would make Irtar, and several other people with Dantooine characters (I've seen them scuttling about), very non-existant.

This is important, for I'm going to start a thread based in Dantooine very soon... hopefully. I just want to know if the general opinion is on this from TNO and otherwise. After all, it's TNO's planet so it's up to them what's really going on.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 6:29am
I thought we went by EU "canon" up to just after the events of the Black Fleet Crisis, myself... I'm not familiar with Dantooine's EU history (other than the settlement in the Jedi Academy books) and can't comment on that, unfortunately.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 6:32am
I went to the link that is provided for 'Planet Info' so I was assuming this is the basis you guys were using. Just offering a bit of an alteration on the information provided. The basics are beautiful, and it's obvious why TNO would want it. (No use in arming an army you can't feed, and Dantooine's weather and natural construction is PERFECT for food production)
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 6:50am
Well, TRF was started when The New Jedi Order was still being written. As such, we decided that TRF canon began when the Vong invaded Coruscant... there, by sheer force of will, they were repelled. But as to what was destroyed and how and why and by who, that's open to interperatation.

Of course, making a Jedi Academy suddenly appear...
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 2:09pm
dantooine got fucked up by the wrath virus.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 2:16pm
Master Ahnk
Well, TRF was started when The New Jedi Order was still being written. As such, we decided that TRF canon began when the Vong invaded Coruscant... there, by sheer force of will, they were repelled. But as to what was destroyed and how and why and by who, that's open to interperatation.

Of course, making a Jedi Academy suddenly appear...

According to the Timeline, CoC was the largest Vong presence we got. Everything else was just prelim invasion forces. Omnae even says at the top that the Vong never got to Coruscant.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 2:29pm
Erm... there is the ruins of a Jedi Academy/Temple/Enclave/Thingy on Dantooine. Remember the one Malak trashes on KotOR? I'm just presenting it as more than this thing that no one touches or really cares about like in the books. Again, with the Jedi trying to get some clues to the old Jedi Order the Empire hasn't purged, there would be interest from them. The Sith would be interested because, according to Cannon, that's where Exar Kun was trainned.

I'm by no means pulling it out. It is ruins, and it has appeared in several cannon sources.

Also.... could I get more details on the Wraith Virus? And it's affects on Dantooine?
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 3:14pm
For details on the Wrath Virus read Transitons: A Change of Season. The virus was used as an IC excuse for the fleet restart we had two years ago.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 3:19pm
WE. DON'T. COUNT. KOTOR. AS. CANON.

Kotor fucks with so much shit that has been established in the books and films. It's contradictory to everything in books that took place in a similar period.

Plus, we take video games to the second to least authorative thing on Star Wars, just ahead of The Star Wars Christmas Special and behind the Star Wars trivia found under the caps of Pepsi bottles. So please, everyone stop coming up with new, uber awesome leet fuxors from some new fangled MMORPG, IT. DOESN'T. EXIST. HERE. BECAUSE. IT. SUCKS.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2005 3:37pm
It's in the books to Ahnk. I was just making reference to KotOR for it's in there. The books on Exar Kun (if memory serves me right) alludes to it. Since it was were Exar Kun was trained. THAT. IS. NOT. FROM. KOTOR.

KotOR used it because it was already in cannon, and they wanted to make some excuse the Academy was trashed.