Hello
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 3:43pm
Would anyone mind if I called my race the Lexians??? It was just a thought that came to me and I wasn't sure if this is where I'd ask.

-Just to say in advance from what I have learned in my Hello thread and lurking:

No, the Lexians never ruled the universe and are not planning to return and take over. I know nothing of a hidden fleet with ships the size of planets nor do I know of any secret weapons the Lexians have ever had or plan on making. ;)
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 4:23pm
Lexians contains a lot of the letters xilen does...

That seems very Xilenish....
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 4:59pm
With there be no way I'll ever get out of this Xilen thing??? Can a Mod please look up IP addresses for users and clear my name? I really want to move on already.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 5:04pm
It's a joke.

Unless you are. Then it's so not a joke. ;)

But I would like to know more on this race besides that it's not Atlantean (though that is a bonus in your favour)
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 5:12pm
Thanks Irtarded. It sounds like you guys had a really big problem on your hands at one time but I swear I'm not the same person.

As for the Lexians. I wasn't planning anything big but here's the ideas I had.

Lexia is a heavily wooded planet where the inhabitants, Lexians, primarily come out at night. (Reason for the dark look)

They are a warrior-type race.

They try to keep to themselves.

The people there do have technology so they are able to travel in space.

The planet is neutral and the people primarily wander the galaxy if they leave Lexia.

Of course these are only my basic ideas and any input from is welcome. I'm not trying to make a big deal with the Lexians, just wanted a unique people for Xara to be from.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 6:13pm
... cool.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 6:20pm
You can make up races and an origin planet. That's fine. Right now, the big thing is not so much your race as it is your character. Once you begin roleplaying your character, the culture of his/her race and other tidbit information would naturally come out over time.

If you begin creating more characters of this race or interact with others to the point where your race's homeworld comes into play, then you might want to think about the broader themes of the race and whatnot.

The Atlantean kid in question did not really have a problem with his character, but, rather his 'faction'. If you are not starting a faction on TRF, then you don't have to worry. Typically, if you eventually are ambitious enough to try to start a faction, that's fine. A person doesn't have to start one off right when they come to TRF. Rp your character for a while, get a feel for things.

No one is going to bite your head off.

And don't let the psuedo-angst get to you. It may read like anger but it's more heavy sarcasm, general dickness, poking fun or pushing buttons to see what you're all about.

Typical of any family.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 6:25pm
'tis true. my point exactly. for example, i decided Saxh has blue skin, but i just want him to look identical to a human in any other way.

and, again, no one will bite your head off (unless you start building OTT empires, that is ;))
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 6:31pm
I've read your bio and it seems fine. From the way it reads, your character does not know she's called a Lexian (since she has no memory before being on Coruscant)?

I put her teenage existence on Coruscant around the time of the Thrawn Trilogy (It would make her about 14ish). She would have been 9ish around the Return of the Jedi. (just to help fit your character in the timeline).

She would have been on Corsucant during the 'Golden Years' when the planet was still capital of the New Republic. In TRF history, the New Republic lost control of Coruscant to the Sith for several years before returning to claim it once more. Unfortunately, the planet never did play a part as the capital of the NR as Corellia had now fullfilled that role in the interim.
  • Posted On: Dec 16 2006 8:26pm
Yea, making up uncanon stuff is fun. I don't think the Germanican Grays have one thing canon about them.

Also, welcome. You may know me from famous movies such as... 'That's SO Germanican' or 'Whose Ship is It Anyway?' or 'I Pity The Deformed PneumonoGermanicanVolcaniosis Germanican' and 'Germanican Proctology Patients'.

If you are interested in joining TGG, then we would have another cool uncanon race!!!! *cheers*

Good luck!