The Torrent Bane: Weeping Whispers [Despayre]
  • Posted On: Apr 27 2003 4:42pm
(This message was left blank)
  • Posted On: Apr 27 2003 9:03pm
He'd spoke his piece and left to go back to the main chamber. Karen would have rather spoken to him longer. She loved his voice and mannerisms when he spoke of things he cared about. Poetry in motion, really...but all good things come to an end eventually, and so he exited the room.

The PeFauna gathered around him as he did so, except for one who lingered back a few steps from the other, watching her moves and calculating her possible thoughts. She wasn't too concerned with the guard however, for...unbeknownst to her own conscience, she was checking out Fearsons’ backside.

The guard seemed to realize it and tilted his head oddly at her as Fearsons rounded the corner out of site; the guard soon did likewise. As they were all out of site, Karen smirked to herself and couldn’t help but laugh. What she'd just done had occurred to her after the guard's odd look and it was just too funny not to chuckle about.

"Oh! I must be losing my mind!" She said aloud to the empty room and then idly strode out of the room, the doors hissing shut behind her, and took her time walking back to the main meeting chamber.

The walk wasn't a very long one, but it gave one enough time to think of things, if they walked slowly. Karen clasped her hands behind her back and took the route to the meeting chamber in slow stride. She was in no hurry to get back into the throng of loud, rather obnoxious people. She could hear their voices echoing through the hallways; something was going on. Then it became quiet and she heard Fearsons voice softly echoing was well. ...probably settling down a petty dispute, she assumed, and gave no quickened pace to her stroll.

She now found time to analyze all these odd feelings she was having about Fearsons. They were like the kind of crush a schoolgirl got on her first male teacher. She idolized him, as a man and as an emperor. He was smart, patriotic, brave, kind, strong...he seemed to have no fear, and seemed to be able to do almost anything he set his mind to....how could she keep from liking him?

However, she knew she couldn't feel the way she did. He was her boss, and she was just one of the many people who carried out his political biddings. He couldn't possibly even know she exisited as anything more than another governor; he would never see her for what she was...a woman who was interested in him.
  • Posted On: Apr 28 2003 1:19am
Eirtae's face reflected the blue mottle of hyperspace as the ship she piloted, the Transition IV, hurtled through hyperspace towards Despayre. She counted down the time to reversion from five, and when the time came, she threw the lever and came zipping into realspace.

"Shields up," she said into the audio receptor, and a few seconds later another meter appeared on the analog in front of her. She was piloting a light frieghter, one that was big enough to make the medical supplies run worth the effort, but small enough that she could maneuver if necessary.

The target was on this side of the planet, so Eirtae wouldn't have to make the more dangerous jumps to get around the world, or worse, get into orbit around it and wait for the target to be under her. She throttled the ship towards her target and braced herself for any resistence she might find.
  • Posted On: Apr 28 2003 2:25am
Kamon was late as usual. When it came to diplomatic meetings he almost always was. Oh well, better late than never. The Imperial Star Destroyer came out of hyperspace and immediately sent in its codes to flight control. He verified it himself.

The ship moved into orbit and Kamon took the Hope down to the surface. Landing on the pad, he and his two RPGC guards walked out. They were greeted immediately.

“Prince Vondiranach, I am happy to see you.”

“Good afternoon, Senator Tyrev. What have I missed?”

“Emperor Fearsons has declared that Despayre needs to be helped.”

“Yes, I know that. My command vessel is full of techs and doctors. Has he decided how he intends to do it?”

“I do not believe so. You should talk to him.”

“I will. Thank you, Senator.”

“My Pleasure sir.”

Kamon walked up to the entrace to the Emperors palace where he was stopped by two PeFauna.

“The bodyguards may not enter.”

“They must enter.”

“They can not.”

Kamon was frustrated with them. He sent a Force message to Chadd.

Chadd, it’s Kamon. The PeFauna will not allow me to bring my guards in. Should I leave them outside?
  • Posted On: May 7 2003 12:29pm
Epilogue

The battle had been quick, though bloody. Thanks to the heroics of Prince Kamon Vondiranach of the Tholatin Republic and Emperor Fearsons however, with the assistance of the Disruptor Squadron, the Jutraalian Empire managed to put down the horrid clan wars, unfortunately at the expense of many lives.

Now, in the midst of it all, Jutraalian Palace has been retaken, and the empire can once again be whole.