Seth...
  • Posted On: Jan 29 2011 1:02pm
Hey now I've slept on it.

Try 'Foyle's War'

Its set during the second world War, Foyle is a detective, good series, I like the character, has a quiet doggedness about him.

Also, if you want something set in more recent times, try, 'Inspector Morse' & 'Lewis' also 'Cracker' (awesome series, Robbie Coltrane - you might know him as Haggard from the Potter movies!) -and maybe 'Wycliffe' - (can't rate that one so much , as I haven't seen so many)

Definitely try Foyle's war though, I have a feeling you may like.
  • Posted On: Jan 29 2011 2:30pm
There was this old British comedy called "Yes, Prime Minister" they used to watch. I was too young to understand it at the time but I remember my parents laughing quite a bit. It's not cop oriented but between that and old Prisoner episodes, I've not watched much BBC programming.
  • Posted On: Jan 29 2011 7:38pm
Haven't seen that much of Dr Who, but I loved the spin-off series Torchwood.
  • Posted On: Jan 29 2011 7:47pm
Park Kraken
Haven't seen that much of Dr Who, but I loved the spin-off series Torchwood.
Yeah, I've enjoyed some Torchwood as well. It's so corny, it's part of the charm.
  • Posted On: Jan 29 2011 8:42pm
Yeah, I found the first series of Doctor Who (Ecclestone) too kiddyish for me, especially seeing as I remember the old series quite well.

(I used to hide behind the couch as a kid whenever the Daleks came on, apparently - lol)
However, when Mr Tennant became the next Doc. I heard good things and I found it was quite watchable.

Torchwood, very cheesey.

'Yes Minister' is an extremely well written series, and Om you should check it out again, as this time you'll get all the jokes - Mostly political satire, but well done.
  • Posted On: Jan 30 2011 3:56am
I don't know, I liked Ecclestone's Dr Who, but then I just like that guy any way :) he's very crush worthy heh

I started asking about new shows because really I'm running out of series to watch on Netflix. I've done all of Psych, part of the way through Monk, I really like Bizarre Foods but Archie hates it so I can't watch it all the time, Man Vs Food is interesting when he's eating something I'd actually eat myself, finished all of Ballykissangel and Inspector Lyndley that Netflix has to offer instant play, seen all of Bones, most of NCIS and Waiting for God, working my way through House in order. In anime I've been through Fruit Baskets, Ouran High School Host Club, Best School Council, XXXHolic, Last Exile, and Invader Zim. As you can see, my tastes run all over the place.

I just watched Red this weekend and it was aewsome :) highly recommend it.
  • Posted On: Jan 30 2011 3:34pm
We are about 3 episodes away from the end of Last Exile.
  • Posted On: Jan 30 2011 5:58pm
Damalis Skywalker
In anime I've been through Fruit Baskets, Ouran High School Host Club, Best School Council, XXXHolic, Last Exile, and Invader Zim. As you can see, my tastes run all over the place.

Have you tried Avatar: The Last Airbender, or Full Metal Alchemist? Both are excellent. Avatar is one of my all time favorite shows, a very well done series.

Meghan and I have these permanently stored in our Netflix queue: Mythbusters, South Park, Futurama, Avatar, Full Metal Alchemist, Columbo, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and whatever Dexter is around.

For brit stuff, have you tried Hyperspace? I just watched a couple episodes yesterday, it seems oddly funny.
  • Posted On: Jan 30 2011 6:03pm
Avatar, FM:A, Inuyasha, Scrapped Princess, Kenshin, Macross: Frontier, Hellsing OVA and Cowboy Bebop are big recommends from me on Anime.
  • Posted On: Jan 30 2011 9:47pm
Seen the entire Airbender series, most of Inuyasha, all of Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, started Hellsing, Kenshin and Full Metal Alchemist. We own up to season 6 in Stargate SG1, the complete Absolutely Fabulous, the complete Kolchak the Night Stalker, and we torrented the Harry Dresden series.

All of those are awesomely good series.

Hmm I haven't watched Trigun in so long it should be new again...