Clone War - the Movie 2008
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 4:53am
So friends and fans, what know you of this newest movie in the series?

I found out today from a brother officer at work. From the trailer I saw, it is interesting indeed - I can only hope to see some serious battles in space.

I have no idea how to do that spoiler thing, so spoilers commence here

Though it instead a coruscating beam of purple and pink, we see the droids in control of a super-laser blast which shatters an Acclamator-Cruiser, resulting in General Grevious' manic laughter.

Droid Spider walkers and AT-TEs engaging in a vertical battle, supported by stormtroopers with magnetic boots? How horrid the shrapnel wounds would be!

The Force-choke - how much more need be said???

The animations themselves seem very good and the few seconds of combat-action look well-done. The faces are a tad plain from what we see of Obi-wan, but overall, I am definitely going to see it.
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 5:44am
Is this that CGI animated movie that's in the works?
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 5:49am
Trailer Link

It looks all right, though like you said, the faces...well...bluntly, the faces look terrible.

But I'm probably going to go see it anyways. I'm kind of curious what they're flying in the trailer around ~1:10. It looks like someone tried to cross a B-wing with a moving van...
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 6:53am
Some sort of fighter I wager, looks very Jedi-craft like, probably some sort of Knight conveyance.

Sadly, they still have stormtroopers at the guns and in command of cruisers and battleships instead of proper naval officers. C'est la filme
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 12:57pm
its meant to be a CGI version of the clone wars cartoon. which explains why the face looks 'so bad'.

and also they aren't stormtroopers.

they are clone troopers which was the only type of military force the republic had. so therefore it stands to reason that troopers trained in piloting on kamino would pilot fighters for the republic.
  • Posted On: May 6 2008 10:21pm
And the Clone Troopers trained to mop decks would mop decks for the Republic!

Telan does have a point that considering the Clone Troopers were mainly designed as a heavy-fighting force to do the serious combat required of the war, the armies of support staff and staff officers would likely be filled by people who didn't need to be grown in a vat to do their jobs.
  • Posted On: May 7 2008 1:23am
there just werent enough people around. the republic had a small judiciary force and thats it. no where near enough to pilot the thousands upon thousands of support craft and fighters.
  • Posted On: May 7 2008 4:06pm
Bah - when one considers cannon history, they most certainly did and most were demobilized after the wars the Republic fought - there was no standing army, only planetary militias and such. The Clone Army was the first standing Army the republic had in recent history.

I do remember one of the EU things that I read in which a young officer muses that he is decidedly uncomfortable fighting alongside the clones.

But, that aside - it looks interesting. Hopefully they will have more ranks than just "Commander."

HAH!
  • Posted On: May 7 2008 6:31pm
i meant soldiers not people. and they didnt have enough. like i said it was a small force. they trained clones on ground, air, and ocean to fight because the republic had nothing of enough size to properly man the ships created for the clone army.
  • Posted On: May 12 2008 4:14pm
True. But, all that aside, should be interesting. It will be worthwhile if they use the original actors for the voices