So...
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 3:30am
So, the databank appears to be our new spamming forum. I know Zell and myself have noticed and cleaned it out of spam links periodically, but if anyone knows of any way of locking it up to outsiders, that would be nice....
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 3:33am
SPAM FTW!!!
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 2:27pm
Yeah, I've deleted some too... I hadn't noticed that before.

I will check into vbulletin security. It is getting rather ridiculous.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 4:59pm
Ya, the spam on the Wiki is even worse than the spam in our forums I think. On a side-note I hadn't really used the Wiki until Corise brought it up because I use the Bold Blue skin and there's no links on the portal page.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 7:30pm
User Settings and Planet Database cleared. Let's see how long it takes them to refill it again with spam.
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 7:56pm
You just did that? I just cleared it last night at about 9 PM my time...
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 8:05pm
If you are logged into the databank and you inadvertently click on one of the nav links in the sidebar like the table of contents, it sends you to a page so crammed with spam links that it froze Firefox trying to load it...
  • Posted On: Jan 22 2008 9:01pm
Leia Organa Solo
If you are logged into the databank and you inadvertently click on one of the nav links in the sidebar like the table of contents, it sends you to a page so crammed with spam links that it froze Firefox trying to load it...

Took me five minutes of click dragging and pressing delete to clear it.

I do believe this will be losing battle though, for almost precisley one and a half hours after I cleared it the first time, the Planet Database menu was again filled with spam, albiet not as much as the first time I cleared it.

Makes me want to develop IP-Address tracking guidance software for Tomahawk cruise missiles...
  • Posted On: Jan 23 2008 2:08am
It appears the wiki software we are using has a security hole, as pages I created and locked are being spammed as well. I will look into it.
  • Posted On: Jan 23 2008 5:27am
I'm in the process of adding a CAPTCHA to the wiki. Currently it's broken, and no changes are being applied. Should be fixed tomorrow night once I get out of work.