Question....
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 5:56pm
The biggest slowdown right now for my project, besides the R&D forums being down so I can't submit canon ships without full stats to be approved, and the fact that someone has restricted everyone from viewing the database, is a lack of stats for ships on the Internet. However, I may have found a series of RPing sites with stats that seem extremley feasible, including speed, which is something I have had a hard time finding reasonable with some of these sites that list stats. *Shrug*

Anyways, these sites are all MSN usergroup sites. The problem is is that they use a combination of canon, and made up ships from like when RPing seriously started up on the internet years ago. I know which ones are real and which ones aren't, but what I'm asking, is, are these sites from which I could gather data, or would they be ruled out?

http://groups.msn.com/StarWarsStrandsofFate/encyclopedia.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=3516&LastModified=4675446131137790439
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 6:14pm
Kraken, Sorry about not notifying you about the database. The action is linked with the pending changes coming.

You'll understand when it fully is revealed.

For now, regarding your issues about ship information:

If you can find no other references for canon ships, use what you feel reflects the correct stats. If someone shows you a better source (easily recognizable as official), then you can change.

However, for any stats found online, please list the url or the source of your information. That way we can give credit where it is due.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 6:31pm
Maybe 6 months to a year ago, you could any number of sites with very realistic stats, but many of those have disappeared.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 6:33pm
that sucks... But then again, with Episode III coming out. Maybe they'll be back.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 7:14pm
Or maybe we'll become a definitive source for stats.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 7:33pm
HAH!

Sorry.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 8:05pm
Heh, that's a list that me and my friend's made long ago on my -very- old MSN Groups RP site...it's not worth visiting....but...uh....I can vouch for which of those ships are made up and which aren't...and can also help by providing D6 and D20 stats from pretty much any source...as well as pics and junk like that....uhm....but yeah....we spent quite some time with that list....nice to see someone still using it. :)
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 8:33pm
We don't want Dice stats, but hey if you can translate them for us, that would be swell.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 8:37pm
I was meaning more along the lines of the stats that aren't in dice measures....the lengths, atmospheric speeds, weaponry loads, starfighter loads, descriptions, and pics....though I could take a shot at translating some of them....just can't promise all of them will be as they should be.
  • Posted On: Jan 19 2005 9:25pm
Oh I thought you meant providing dice stats. Regular stats are what I'm looking for, so yes that would be fine.