New Showcase
  • Posted On: Sep 7 2009 3:04pm
We haven't had a showcase since late 2007 I noticed today on the homepage and now we're in mid-2009. Is anyone interested in a new one for 2009?
  • Posted On: Sep 7 2009 3:15pm
Cataclysm. Not much more need be said.

Maybe a couple of the other side-threads, but I haven't been reading like I should. And everybody's in Cataclysm.
  • Posted On: Sep 7 2009 3:28pm
The side threads are what I want to focus on in this. Obviously Cata is overwhelming.
  • Posted On: Sep 7 2009 4:39pm
What is this Showcase you speak of?
  • Posted On: Sep 7 2009 5:35pm
About that tab...

Kudos to the new people. Any thread that starts with "Suck my dick, sugar tits!" shows some sort of promise.

Once they finally get the ship ordered and built and figure out how this Xander fellow (stop having your posts get shorter and shorter Xander!) can pay for it, I am very interested to see where they go with this 'Archaeologist' spin.

When Worlds Collide

Natalya Vinda came back to put an interesting twist on the story. Again, curious to see what happens when this story gets going and hoping we do not have to wait another two years for a post. :)

Either Dead or Dying

Joren Logan is a TRF staple. I watch his comeback thread with anticipation.

House of the Fall

This history of the Rashanagok family is like falling through the rabbit hole. If you've not started reading this, then you are late. You're late, you're late, you're late...

The FarStar Campaign: Old Friends Made New Again...

Jarvis Ragnar is a character whose bloody exploits have always made me think he'd be a great Imperial. If he wasn't a bloody Ryn. I do enjoy his writing tho...

Milkshake's The Academy

A new Jedi bug on the horizon?
  • Posted On: Sep 9 2009 4:22pm
Those listed are what I have read and liked... not saying those are what the showcase will be about...
  • Posted On: Sep 9 2009 6:50pm
Lil is an excellent writer to be sure.

I personally am biased towards Birth of a Savior, and the threads the Alliance is doing currently, along with my new jedi training threads, but they aren't as good as alot of the stuff Omnae's listed :)
  • Posted On: Sep 9 2009 9:29pm
This is going to sound like a very noob question, but what exactly do you guys do for one of these Showcases?
  • Posted On: Sep 9 2009 10:33pm
We cut off your hands, take a picture of the bloody stumps and post the images on our front page with the caption; "This is what happens when you steal Beffs thunder!"

And on that note I am staunchly opposed to a new Showcase as, aside from my small part in Cataclysm, I haven't written anything of note in forever.
  • Posted On: Sep 9 2009 11:02pm
Darven, You simply post here which recent rp's you have read that you liked. And, after a while, depending on how many people vote for those rp's they liked, the top threads are recognized in a Showcase thread in another forum which shows up on our portal page.

Of course, bloody stumps will always get you an honorable mention.