Jan...
  • Posted On: May 14 2004 2:33am
Your second-to-last post in the Mon Cal thread is incredibly … presumptuous. A shuttle and a submarine come out of two cloaked craft, respectively, and you have full compliments of the correct troops to take them out.

Could you try playing your troops as not being prepared for everything but galactic peace and nirvana? Because, as it stands, its godmoding.
  • Posted On: May 14 2004 3:46am
1. I already had alerted my troops(see second last GC post)

2. I identified good reasons for alerting them in that post.

3. I only sent in a small number of troops, the ones that could get there quickly.

4. I'm letting you get away with a fair bit by saying the facilities are lightly defended, when in actual fact they would have been heavily defended, and their locations would have been top secret. Meanwhile, you are bitching about me countering your move, using already alerted troops, on my planet, where I have a few million troops situated.

5. As it stands, it is not godmoding, or illogical. The person closest to godmoding or at least being slightly illogical is you.
  • Posted On: May 14 2004 6:50pm
1 - I'm talking about your second-to-last post, the one in reply to the sudden appearance of a submarine and a shuttle in two separate spots on the planet. Albeit it is your prerogative to dictate what your faculties are defended with, but please realize that I would appreciate more than “I have six submarines here, and they move over here.” If I wanted that, I could play Yahoo Checkers.

Your last post is, well, for one out of order, and two, contains debatable content. The unloading of ORS troops would be something I do, as I now have control of those craft.

2 – I didn’t see any reason, unless “They would have them in a trap soon....” is your reason.

3 – Six submarines isn’t a small force. Ten men may be, but six submarines is definitely not small.

4 - You seem to have a bountiful supply of troops. Few million here, few million there, few billion in the navy, few billion in the army. Either your citizens like army food, or you have frequent drafts, which renders your claim of being a government for the citizens rather moot. Also, if I stated the faculty was lightly guarded, it could be interpreted two ways. 1 – I’m godmoding, and I’m calling your biggest and bestest R&D station lightly guarded. Or two, I’m attacking a lightly guarded R&D faculty. If its lightly guarded, you could then assume that I’m attacking a faculty that could be of no great importance, or is researching the latest Jan Dondana Special Edition Hair Jell.

5 – You don’t have to edit your post, I just want it on record that I protested.
  • Posted On: May 15 2004 1:50am
1. Second to last GC post, not second to last Jan posts.

2. The reason is clearly stated in that post.

3. Six subs for a planet almost completely covered in water is a rather small force.

4. True, the few million is rather high. However, I still don't see why I would keep any R&Ds lightly defended, but that isn't that important.
  • Posted On: May 15 2004 2:23am
3. So all six of your submarines converged on a single small point on the planet..
  • Posted On: May 15 2004 2:45am
No, all six of my subs in that sector converged on that spot. Since that is the only problem in that sector, it is a safe move.
  • Posted On: May 15 2004 3:32am
Ok, so now you have more than six submarines on the planet. But...
3. Six subs for a planet almost completely covered in water is a rather small force.
...that makes it sound as if you have but six on the planet. :oO
  • Posted On: May 15 2004 3:49am
It tied in with your thing about ten men being a small force, but six subs being a large force. I was saying on some planets with not a lot of water, yes, but on Mon Calamari, six subs is a small force.