Dolash
  • Posted On: Jun 9 2005 5:06pm
Dolash, This is just a reminder not to confuse OOC with IC. You know OOC some of the story-lines we are playing out and what we are doing behind the scenes but it is not something your characters know.

I read recently how you posted Regrad as "having had enough".

He might suspect, he might assume but what does he actually "know"? (Beside what CIB agents and on the news (INS)?)

And since your spying agency is fairly new, your spies are barely setting up networks and have not infiltrated the higher level facades of TNO there is not alot your spies would be able to report.

You have to walk before you can run.

Now there are a number of ways to make this transition somewhat short and remain the bounds of reality (such as it is) but that's really for you to figure out.
  • Posted On: Jun 9 2005 7:09pm
Well, I might not have portrayed it well, but what I meant to try and get across was that Regrad felt that he could recognize the signs of Imperial aggression by now. I went back to read up a bit on some of TNO's past takeovers, roleplays, and the like, and found most of them to follow a pattern of justified invasions and conquests.

The source of this information was a newspaper article, which ended in the foreboding news that the Empire was gearing up for something and putting people on alert (etc). Considering Regrad's experience with the Empire and how they word their intent, you wouldn't have to be that bright to figure out it was a threat.

We didn't deploy an army, or a fleet, we deployed a team. The team would find out what really happened, and try to figure out the Empire's intent. It's not a case of Regrad somehow magically knowing there was going to be an invasion, just him suspecting one since this sounds like the start of the sort of thing the Empire does and his general desire to mess with anything you guys do.

It's hardly unusual.
  • Posted On: Jun 9 2005 11:38pm
we deployed a team

Ahhh.. damn.. I might as well surrender now.
  • Posted On: Jun 10 2005 12:12am
Hardy har har.
  • Posted On: Jun 10 2005 12:28am
We have a problem!

No one else can help!

Does anybody know where we can find them?

We want to hire them!
  • Posted On: Jun 11 2005 6:08pm
Um. The Daily Mirror is a newspaper, not the Empire. And, given its name, a left-leaning newspaper.

Anyone even remotely Imperial refers to Coruscant as Imperial Centre. So the Coruscant Daily Mirror is distinctly un-Imperial.
  • Posted On: Jun 11 2005 7:09pm
*Shrug* Is it from the Empire? Is it about the Empire? Does it give the impression of the sort of thing the Empire does? Yes it does. Just because the paper isn't the direct source of the give-away signs of Imperial aggression does not mean it cannot convey them to it's readers.