Darven108
  • Posted On: Aug 27 2009 5:23am
I was impressed with your first post in Cataclysm. It can be hard to insert yourself into an established story but you pulled it off rather well.

Great job!

However, I think some clarification between the Cree'Ar and the Reavers are in order.

Note, both the Unholy of the Cree'Ar and the Reavers are the product of nanoassembly/nanomachines/nanites

The Cree'Ar 'Nexus', the system or engine that is the base for most (if not all) Cree'Ar technology, utilizes active genetic material to create or assemble this kind of soldier called: Tak'a'tara or The Unholy. If the organic matter is of a recently dead person, the resulting soldier servant may take on certain visual characteristics of the dead but would not, necessarily, be "the walking dead".

A rough definition would be (as provided by Zark):

Tek'a'tara/The Unholy: The caste of conquered warriors that now serve the Cree'Ar Dominion. Normally eternally cast as cybernetic servants, in rare situations inferior species may remain inferior if their deception to their peers and dedication to The Sky God is deemed to be true.

A single sentence explanation (taken from the Cree'Ar story, The Breaking: Volume One): “Very well. As you know, the Nexus is able to create 5 tek’a’tara from any source of active genetic material to serve as the organic components and metal from its tertiary systems to forge the mechanical elements.”

The resulting soldiers are servants/slaves to the Cree'Ar cause and while they may have some characteristics held over inside the organic matter used as the base for their creation, these soldiers may not necessarily look human or like a human.

The creatures attacking Coruscant and that attacked Kashan are slightly different than normal tek'a'tara/Unholy because they are the breakthrough of using neural energy from living minds of force users to augment the Nexus to create these soldiers using inert genetic material (not active). This means they could create vast numbers of soldiers from even empty worlds.

Those Imperials (Jedi Corps & others) captured at Yaga Minor were the first harvested for this neural energy and after a certain number created, attacks were launched on the ground of Kashan and Coruscant.

These creatures attacking mostly look like this: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon

The Reavers are a couple of things:

1. Former Dracconis (Daemun [former Black Dragon Empire citizens whose consciousness is housed in a body comprised of assemblers (nanites)] mutated through the heavy inundation of Phage and BioLogic (weaponized biological assemblers) into their system (they were trying to perfect themselves). But, being rejected by Heir Raktus, their leader and god, they went mad.

2. Former living being infected with Reaver virus. These are the walking dead being controlled in some form or fashion by 'The Hunger'.

Anyway, if this is confusing, just remember: Walking dead (like 28 Days Later) are Reavers. Cybernetic soldier-creatures are Tek’a’tara/Unholy.
  • Posted On: Aug 27 2009 6:57am
There would still be normal tek'a'tara there supporting them, though. I read the post and quite liked it/had no issues with it. I didn't notice him calling the things attacking him Reavers, so.
  • Posted On: Aug 27 2009 3:19pm
Thanks for the clarification! I'll admit, I was a little confused as to what the tek'a'tara would look like, so I gave it my best guess. I'll go in and fix the descriptions so that it matches up with what they're supposed to be.

And thanks for the kudos, as well. I was a little worried about jumping into Cataclysm so late in the game lol.
  • Posted On: Aug 27 2009 3:33pm
Editing done! :)
  • Posted On: Aug 27 2009 3:54pm
And thanks for the kudos, as well. I was a little worried about jumping into Cataclysm so late in the game lol.

Yes you get extra kudos for being brave enough to attempt it, and for pulling it off.
  • Posted On: Sep 26 2009 7:02pm
Fear the Black Dragon Empire... We create Heaven and Zombies!