Coruscant
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 12:34am
I understand past my past OOC behavior and I'm extremely embarrassed by it. That's what that post was about, not IC writing as you seem to believe. Though my writing was atrocious and still is.

But, that said ,I am not making any attempts to dictate dogma. I want to see RPing go on. Right now I've got my major character tied up above Coruscant. In addition, I want to see the rule fairly applied. No announcement of the 72 hour rule stopping was ever made since then. I don't see why it shouldn't apply in this case if it applied then.

That said it was only a threat. I had no intention of actually using it.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 12:50am
The operating word in that post being "threat". Past invocations of the 72 hour rule have been made by genuinely concerned members who have not heard from their opponents in a reasonable amount of time, and a desire for ruling by the staff done so with the utmost level of tact and humbleness. The 72 hour rule was/is not meant to be used as a scare tactic to coerce other writers into posting faster. Your opponent, Ahnk, responded to this thread within the same day that you raised your concern, and in his own way of Ahnkey, let you know that he was still around and still dedicated to continuing your conflict as soon as he could.

The least you could have done was show him some respect in getting back to you so promptly and, if your concerns persist, only then should you have brought your issue up, politely, to the proper staff members. Instead you chose to go about doing so in the most impolite and insulting way.

That being said, your "concerns" have been noted and, rest assured, will be handled.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 1:07am
Also: Don't start a thread with Ahnk if you don't expect to be trapped there.

Welcome to my sandtrap, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 1:41am
1) I don't think the 72-hour rule is a good one. People have lives outside of TRF and often can't post.

2) I understand Kach's frustration sometimes. But I'm guilty of it myself at times, so I can't say anything.

3) I agree with the staff, whatever they decide.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 3:47am
More over, Kach, your protestations of prior ineptitude seem impotent to me if, given this situation, you still have such an inadequate understanding of TRF that you think any character, perspective or story aspect can be "tied up" so long as you properly comprehend the facts as follows:

1. TRF is all grown up.

2. TRF is a fiction, a science fiction fantasy.

3. The "rules" as they exist on the Rules & FAQ pages are guidelines to be utilised only in garnering a better understanding of TRF (See #1).

4. You rank somewhere below Park in terms of what people around here actually take seriously. And that's fucking low.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 4:32am
SO THERE!
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 4:40am
Eh don't worry Kach, pretty soon you'll have more to deal with in the skies above Coruscant apart from the Cree'Ar threat. :D
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 7:21am
Beff, Zark. I can accept all of that. I just figured the rule was still enforceable.

Om: Great posts.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 7:32am
And in certain circumstances it might be. I was just informing you that you went about finding out in the wrong way. In this circumstance, I don't think it is. Ahnk is planning on responding, from what I can tell, so there isn't a problem. Not an official staff ruling, but eh.
  • Posted On: Jul 13 2009 3:40pm
I believe about the only time the 72 hour rule needs to be used is if a person comitted to doing a thread just ups and disappears without anything being said. In this case, Ahnk is still here and is comitted to posting, as others have already stated.