The Great Atlantean Empire
  • Posted On: Dec 4 2006 8:16am
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGESS. PLEASE DO NOT POST ON IT. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH THIS POST, PLEASE CONTACT ME.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ookami Jasaica gazes down at the bustling streets of Ciucando Imperia (Atl.- Imperial City). This sprawling metropolis was pathetically small compared to Coruscant, only about 700 kilometers across, but is was the seat of the most advanced race in the galaxy: the Great Atlantean Empire.

*sigh*

There was a time, thousands of years ago, when the Altantean Empire spanned the galaxy. Then, as younger races began to explore and establish their own borders, the Empire shrank . . . deliberately. The Emperors of the past did not want space-faring peoples to become dependent on the Empire for resources and protection. So, the Empire evacuated its 20 colonies throughout the galaxy, and shrank back, eventually holding only their Core System of five worlds.

The Atlanteans remained neutral and very passive, repelling only the occasional intruder. They were secretive even during the Confederate uprising, secretly supporting the Republic with unseen support. A CIP fleet launched was sent to launch a surprise attack on Naboo, and an Atlantean fleet intercepted and destroyed it. At one point, the CIP actually launched a massive invasion, hoping to easily crush the small government. This failed . . . miserably. The CIP invasion fleet, a force of well over 70 ships, was destroyed in a matter of minutes by a squardon of Altantean destroyers. After two more failed attempts, the Separatists saw the end of their invasion of the Great Atlantean Empire.

When Emperor Palpatine formed the Galactic Empire, he saw only one government capable of stopping him: The Great Atlantean Empire. Like the Separatists during the war, he sought to destroy this ancient people. He sent a force of 150 ships with orders to "crush them into pieces, then grind them into the dust." In a cruel twist of fate, it was the Empire who was crushed into pieces and ground into the dust. Not a single ship ever returned, nor has there been any word of prisoners or survivors . . . not even the faintest whispered rumor. The Emperor tried three more times in the 20 odd years that the Galactic Empire stood. They all ended the same way: thousands of ships lost with all hands. four attempts, seven failures. Although not active in the Galactic Civil War, the Atlanteans did make their contributions, such as one InuYasha Sanyo.

InuYasha Sanyo a first glance, appears to be your average mercenary, smuggler, and gun-runner. A closer look reveals a different story. InuYasha Sanyo is actually the pseudonym adopted by Vice Admiral Ookami Jasaica, Vice Commander of the Atlantean Royal Navy, and leader of the 10th Valkyriean Royal Guard (the Emperor's personal guard). Other Atlanteans who joined the fight include: Havas Terasin, Karis Makilik, and Jaress Tavela.

With the rise of the New Republic, the Atlatean Senate saw the opportunity to expand the Empire's borders. The Emperor, however, did not agree, and ordered that any plans to reclaim lost territory be ceased immediately, stating "This time belongs to the younger races now. Someday, we will once again span the galaxy, but until the others are willing to join us, we will remain in the shadows."

Currently the Altantean Empire occupies a sector of the Unknown Regions, which contains the Core System, consisting of five worlds, including the capital world of Atlantia. (note: these systems would not appear on any map)

There are rumors that the Atlanteans may be planning their own large-scale military offensive . . . but these are only whispered rumors heard by smugglers and pirates out on the rim . . . hardly reliable sources, for the Atlantean Royal Military is under direct orders from the Emperor not to get involved directly.

"Time to retake what was rightfully ours."

Ookami returns inside and quickly dresses, putting his crimson Valkyrie's Wing kimono on, then heads for the door, smelling breakfast being cooked. He sits down and eats quickly. When he's finished, his mate - Yuli - speaks up.

"So, how long are you going to be gone this time?"

"Don't know. Six months . . . a year, tops."

*sigh*

Ookami gets up and embraces his mate.

"Look, you knew what life would be like, so . . ."

He kisses her gently

". . . Don't go moping around for six months."

She smiles.

"I though you said a year."

"Tops."

Ookami kisses her one last time, grabs his sword, knife, pistol, pulse-knife, cover, and beret, and heads for the streets below. Above him, his mate smiles and shakes her head, then goes to wake their three pups.

I wish I had time to say goodbye to my pups, but . . .

A tank-carrier floats past, headed for the military sector.

. . . there's a war to be fought, and I'm leading the charge.

Ookami climbs into the waiting staff car and it follows the convoy of trucks, jeeps, and transports.

This is going to be one hell of a fight.

*Twelve hours later*

Ookami steps off the ramp of the scout ship Torasa. It had been awhile since he'd seen Naboo, and he breathed in the thick, forest scent.

*ahhh*

The scenery was beautifu, even the buildings complimented their natural surroundings. Even Atlantean structures didn't do that. Instead, they imitated the ocean, with sweeping lines and graceful curves, just like their ships.

I just hope they're ready this time . . .

A man in a suit walks over to Ookami and greets him.

"I am Jes Katarin."

"Ookami Jasaica."

"Well, Jasaica, I think that . . ."

"That's Vice Commander Ookami to you."

"Alright. Vice Commander, I think that the best thing for you to do is accept my offer."

Ookami's voice is cold and unfeeling.

"Why?"

"Because, you need weapons for your group."

"I have weapons . . . and I already have another supplier all lined up."

"But . . ."

"And his weapons are better. Sorry, but no deal."

Katarin looks pissed.

"Hey, you said we'd cut a deal."

"I lied."

"You worthless son of a bitch!"

Katarin pulls a blaster. Ookami doesn't look the least bit surprised.

"You really don't want to do that . . ."

"Really? Try me, wolf-boy!"

"Fine. I'm leaving."

Ookami starts for the ship, and Katarin fires. Ookami dodges the blast, draws his katana, takes two steps forward, and removes Katarin's head . . . in half the time it takes a human to blink. He gives his sword a firm shake, sending blood flying off the incredibly sharp blade. Several Naboo Royal Security officers stare uncertainly, hands on the butts of their blasters. They tense up as Ookami turns to them and smiles.

"You gentlemen have a nice day."

Ookami climbs aboard and the Torasa and it climbs skyward. Once starside, it docks with the IAS Angelus which quickly jumps to Slipspace, bound for Atlantean territory.

"Bridge, this the Captain."

Captain Rosietha answers.

"Yes, Admiral."

"Contact the Jedi Order and tell them there's a weapons smuggling ring selling disruptors and that they're located on Naboo. I already took out their leader in self-defense."

"Very well, Captain."

*whew*

So much for a one year patrol. Oh well, at least I can take Yuli and the pups on a tour of the Empire. Well, Yuli's seen most of it already, so it won't be much different for her.