Whee!!!
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 10:08pm
Well here I am recovering from another car accident. This time it wasn't my fault though. I was turning left from a buisness onto a road, the other person was also turning left from another buisness across the road, and we met halfway there. End result, an accident halfway between a head on and a t-bone. I choked on the damn talcum powde that came out with the airbag, and my arm is bruised, but other than that everyone was ok. She drove her car off, I towed mine back to the house.
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 10:12pm
Are you going to sue her? :P
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 10:30pm
Nah probably not. She might not have insurance, as she couldn't present it to the Trooper. Damage isn't that bad, it's mostly tire and fender work. I have large bumps and bruises on my left arm and both legs from hitting the steering wheel, etc., but nothing's broken.
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 10:40pm
I think its a universal law that when ever YOU (read as yourself) are driving, you only get hit by people who have no insurance.

Its amazing how often that happens.
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 10:44pm
Well you know one of the reasons they don't have insurance could be that they are so horrible drivers that no insurance company would accept them.
  • Posted On: Feb 9 2006 11:09pm
Well, as long as you're alright, thats what matters.

The car can always be sorted out.
  • Posted On: Feb 10 2006 1:13am
Tir Esias
I think its a universal law that when ever YOU (read as yourself) are driving, you only get hit by people who have no insurance.

Its amazing how often that happens.
Does the US offer Uninsured Motorist Protection? That is, can you buy coverage that will cover you with no increase in your premiums if you're in a no-fault collision with an uninsured driver?

It's $12/year or something for me... and peace of mind.
  • Posted On: Feb 10 2006 3:00am
And here I've always thought that it was the law that you had to have insurance.
  • Posted On: Feb 10 2006 3:42am
That's because in Canada there is a law that you have to have insurance. In the US it's optional.
  • Posted On: Feb 10 2006 4:12am
No, you have to have insurance in the US.

People just choose to break the law.