Tis the Season...
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 6:53am
On a lighter note from some other things on the board, I thought I'd ask a couple easy questions. What was the best present you've ever recieved and what was the worst?

Need not be a Christmas gift either, for those of us who don't celebrate it :)

So far my best present was this years treadmill. I've been wanting one for so long to up my exercise regime. Plus they're my favorite form of working out, mindless :)

Worst would have to be one of those foam covered puzzles that makes a 3D building when your done. I could tell the person just grabbed what was near the register the day they came to see me.
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 11:30am
My mp3 player would be the best. Only thing is, I kinda get one every year since I end up breaking them all, so it's kinda lost its zeal.

Worst would be a notebook. A very plain notebook.
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 1:40pm
Best gift? A Nintendo when I was four that I still use from time to time.

Worst gift? Socks.

Materializing the holidays! Whee!
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 5:42pm
Best gift? My first computer (yay!).

Worst gift? A rock (no seriously, my brother gave one to me as a joke).
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 5:54pm
I would have thrown it at him...
  • Posted On: Dec 18 2007 6:18pm
One year when I was a kid I got a TV, phone, and radio for Christmas. I thought that was the best Christmas ever at the time and it ranks up there to this day. Another year, my brother and I got go-carts.

Worst gifts ever:

1. A stuffed Elmo doll from my then-SO. I was an adult, living with him at the time.
2. As a joke, someone I had once dated, who was coincidentally friends with the above SO, had a poorly taken pic of me (eyes half closed) put on a coffee mug. My SO gave it to me knowing I would hate it.

I promptly went outside and smashed it on the pavement.

As for Elmo, I think I let the dogs chew it up.
  • Posted On: Dec 19 2007 2:43pm
  • Posted On: Dec 19 2007 4:43pm
Didn't think of it at the moment. And it was in a small room with all my family, I'm sure they would have ganged up on me after that.
  • Posted On: Dec 19 2007 5:38pm
I'd have to say the rock is the worst gift so far
  • Posted On: Dec 19 2007 6:55pm
I received socks. Knitted of course, and quite thoughtful according to the person doing the giving, but I already had a drawer full.

Best gift......hm.....I cannot be sure.