Harry Potter!!!!!
  • Posted On: Jul 21 2007 7:29pm
No spoilers, I promise.

I just got the book last night (this morning, whatever). When I returned home from the mall, at approximantely 1 AM, I began reading and did so continiously until around 6.

Then I went to sleep.

I woke up around noon, and read until 3ish, at which point I finished the book.

Anyway, if you can't tell, I thought the book was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and certainly was a perfect ending to the series. I don't know if any of you read Potter, or if you even care, but for someone who has grown up with the series this was a perfect capstone.

Far too often great series/books/movies seem to have endings which do not live up to the majesty of the rest of the output- (Think Sopranos... or Revenge of the Sith... or what is likely to happen on Lost... or many other numerous examples) but I think this book is the very best one JK has written.

So, if and when you guys finish it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

:)
  • Posted On: Jul 21 2007 8:45pm
I've only just started it and can't wait to finish, and am glad to hear that it is a good ending to a great series.
  • Posted On: Jul 21 2007 9:34pm
I know what happens.
  • Posted On: Jul 21 2007 11:29pm
Yeah I read it after buying it this morning. It was really good.
  • Posted On: Jul 22 2007 1:00am
I've got a couple more days to wait, since I ordered it cheaper at Amazon than any of the local bookstores... and since I got free shipping it won't get here till about Tuesday :( oh well, it's not a very long wait.
  • Posted On: Jul 22 2007 1:07am
Poor thing. :(
  • Posted On: Jul 22 2007 2:58am
I feel very sorry for you Damalis.
  • Posted On: Jul 22 2007 6:18am
I've read all the books and thought about picking this one up at the airport tonight while I traveling but I'd rather wait a few weeks and have a family member send it to me after they've all finished reading it. I'm curious but in no hurry.

How's the new movie? Anyone seen it yet?
  • Posted On: Jul 22 2007 7:35pm
The movie is awesome, one of the best ones that they've done yet.
  • Posted On: Jul 23 2007 4:10am
Movie: the best one yet, hands down.
Book: I'm shocked, I'm appalled, I love it, I hate it. I read it too fast, and now have to go back and reread it. I found it very disturbing, very powerful, and very moving.

I was wishy washy about it until about half way through... once I reached the the Missing Mirror, I was hooked. From that point on, the book is mind-blowing.