Showcase
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 10:31pm
Summer time! Time for a new round of Showcase threads; stories of epic proportion and/or masterful writing. So, what have you enjoyed coming in to the summer season?

The Rebel Faction wants to know.
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 10:34pm
Palestar speaks for itself.
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 10:47pm
Palestar seconded. I have the feeling that it'll go down in the annals of TRF as one of the defining Force User RPs. It's an education in believable characters and a clever, coherent plot. As Leia said, it speaks for itself.

On bended knee: Bowing at the feet of tyrants has got to be my second one. It details events at the highest level of the galactic chain of command. The course of history has once again been set by an encounter between Regrad and Kaine and the consequences of that meeting, excellently recorded by both Dolash and Simon, will affect almost every future plotline in some way.
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 11:03pm
On bended knee: Bowing at the feet of tyrants
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 11:14pm
I agree - Palestar definitely gets my vote.

Here are some others:

On Bended Knee: Bowing at the Feet of Tyrants

With the story now finished, the Coalition has barely survived it's most recent conflict. The defeat, though, was not militarily. Prime Minister Regrad of the Coalition bows his head in defeat as the Empire claims the entirety of the Onyxian Commonwealth as payment for the attack on Bilbringi. The effects are far-reaching, and nearly destroy the Galactic Coalition. But the government holds together...for now.

A Rough Road Leads to the Stars

While just in its beginning stages, who can deny the impact of this story? The formation of the newest Rebel Alliance, with Leia Organa Solo emerging to take the helm. Others flock to the banner of the Rebellion to continue the struggle against tyranny in a galaxy that becomes darker by the hour.

Apprentices I: The Basics

Witness the first struggles of a Jedi whose Order has abandoned him. If you enjoy an apprentice's take on the nature of the Force, Apprentices I is a must-read. Short but to the point, the foundation for the seduction of a Jedi is laid...or is it the returning of a Sith to the light? Only time will tell.

Apprentices II: The New Generation

As the Masters of the Sith and Jedi age, it is time for the apprentices to begin to take the reins. But which Order will triumph? Will it be Master Vance Jas's Brotherhood of Sith? Lupercus's Rule of Two? The youngest of the Jedi Order? Or will it be the newest Force users on the scene - the secretive Nightsisters?

Empire at War: Counterstrike

When word of the Coalition's attack on Bilbringi reaches the ears of SS commander Wesley Vos, he launches his own reciprocal action against the Onyxian Commonwealth at Generis. Defending is Captain George Harrison, whose masterful defense might not be enough to save the planet or his fleet from the fury of the Empire enraged.

Dirty Work, Part I: Dark Assassin

For once the Empire has relied upon something other than brute force to accomplish its goals. As the Imperial SS begins to establish a permanent home, a team of operatives is dispatched to Centares. Their mission is not to destroy buildings or cause riots, but rather to kill the one man that could prevent a peaceful Imperial occupation.

Cries of the Damned

With the morals of the Coalition government growing dubious, the common soldiers begin to question their loyalty. Lance McCallister is but one of these. His men, his friends, sacrificed their lives at Bilbringi and elsewhere, and now the Coalition has bowed before the Empire. Will he ever be able to forgive them? Or serve them again? New recruits also are caught up in the questioning. Jalyne, a starfighter pilot, now sees little difference between the Coalition and the Empire. What will happen next?

Inspiring the Oppressed

While the galaxy continues to grow darker, beacons of light still shine. One of these is the sentient ship Smarts. On Ord Cestus, the human governors have a record of oppression. But when Smarts steps in, he inspires those that are oppressed to fight for their freedom while simultaneously convincing the humans to allow that freedom. Will Smarts be able to accomplish his goal: Or will it take more than the good ship has within it?
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 11:28pm
Apprentices I: The Basics

Apprentices II: The New Generation

A Rough Road Leads to the Stars

There have been so many great threads, however, it is hard to pick out just a few.
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 11:41pm
Palestar for sure.

On Bended Knee: Bowing At the Feet of Tyrants.

Genesis II: The Awakened Domain
  • Posted On: Jun 3 2007 11:54pm
Unquestionably Palestar.

I think its also safe to vote for A Rough Road Leads to the Stars, as I have not yet posted in it and ruined the whole thing.

Bent From Broken Darkness Still Life Is Born Anew Its got Ahnk, its got Leia. What more could I ask for? Also, throughout the RP there are constant hints at Ahnk's past which I know I should know for the RP to make sense, but don't. And that just makes me feel good.

On bended knee: Bowing at the feet of tyrants As always, I am Dolash's #1 Fan Boy, and its hard not to have a tremendous degree of respect for any writing Simon has done ever. Put them both together, and add a dash of the future fate of the galaxy at stake, and you've got yourself a showcase RP.

Where the Heart Is AHMAHGAWDZ ZELL IS BACK.

Black Eyed Angels Swam With Me Something will happen in this RP someday. I eagerly await that day.

On an ice planet in the upper middle of the mid rim. This one post is so damn good I think it deserves two showcases. Who knows? Maybe it'll force milkshake to actually continue it.
  • Posted On: Jun 4 2007 4:05am
I think BEA deserves a place in every showcase. Namely for having lived for a year in sporadic twitches that resemble life.

Oh and Palestar thingy. It is indeed a wonderful octopus.
  • Posted On: Jun 5 2007 3:24am
Don't feel bad about not knowing Ahnk's past; parts of it happened at TGC and parts of it never happaned and is being filled in through flashbacks and delusions.

I can't vote since I don't have time to read. If I spent any time reading other threads Gue would eat me for certain.