Lup
  • Posted On: May 18 2007 6:43am
I saw that Xilen said something to the effect that he was leaving and it was ok to write him out of any storyline etc.

However, I having invested some time into the Hapan plotlines myself, I think it would be appropriate that you/me/zark/om/vinda etc talk about where the over-arching situation can go.

I will be happy to play the Hapan characters Xilen set up so that the storyline can continue in the same spirit (with less fighting/bickering general annoyance) than before.

Sound good?
  • Posted On: May 18 2007 6:54am
I'm already in direct discussions with the one member of the 'group' left, Elizabeth.

The only issue i have that remains is the existence of a whore rip-off group within the cluster. This will not stand, and i also find it hard to consider the Union being able to render any military assistance to Relephon considering that 'assistance' would have to pass through the cluster (should it come to that).

I'm more than happy for something to be worked out storyline wise, but the end result will be the same in the sense that the 'regency' will no longer exist and all Hapan planets will be part of the consortium. Beyond that, anything else is cool with me. Personally i'd prefer all of Xilens chars be ground into dust (i believe this is the 3rd incarnation of xilen that has tried to destroy Hapes) but if you want to continue using them or something thats certainly up for discussion.
  • Posted On: May 18 2007 3:22pm
While I guess Lupercus has the ultimate say in this situation, and I support his stance in leaving Hapan planets for Hapes, after being involved with Lorell with you and reading your other work (with great interest), you've always proven to be a standup guy, even if you're usually my enemy. :P So perhaps some sort of compensation for sinking so much time and writing into what has kind of fizzled out into a lost cause can be provided.
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 4:47am
I'm more than happy for something to be worked out storyline wise, but the end result will be the same in the sense that the 'regency' will no longer exist and all Hapan planets will be part of the consortium. Beyond that, anything else is cool with me

Well I guess there is little to discuss then.

Thanks for playing at a cooperative RP site, it seems negotiation and compromise will once again win the day.
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 6:23am
Brutus Nogoth
it seems negotiation and compromise will once again win the day.

Negotiaiton and compromise? What kind of poser terrorist are you?:p
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 8:03am
Was there something cooperative about you fuckers trying to take my planets?

All hail the fucking hypocracy.

I'm fine for the regency continuing to exist, but in regards to the planets i've got no qualms initiating galactic war 3003 over a single hapan planet. Hapes was formed because Chadd Fearsons and his TRE fleet started taking over chunks of it. Next, Akinyelle Daala (xilen) tried to assist another group (The bitch montague anyone?) to start taking up our planets. Next TDO and Selesa Malyndar (xilen) tried exactly the same thing you've done only based on Dreena. Finally we have this latest whoring incarnation lead by non other than someone who was only allowed back because 'its too hard to keep them banned'.

I'm sorry, but the one compromise i won't make is the loss of one of my core planets. Anything else is fine, but since you seem to only consider planets any sort of gain perhaps that says something about your motives.
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 1:54pm
Actually, Hapes was formed because Ahnk wanted to write a lesbian story :b

Uhh then it sorta went to hell from there when everyone went 'Sweet! Hapes is here! Let's all attack!'
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 3:45pm
ok. I don't know who Elizabeth is but if she is not a part of the Union then it doesn't matter what she says. The Hapes Regency is an IC group under the control of the Union therefore what happens to it by way of OOC "agreements" needs to involve members of the Union. If this Elizabeth plays a Union member, then ok.

If I did a planetary takeover and gave the planet to the GC, any situation after that involving the planet would involve the GC, not me.

In my opinion, comments about the Union fleet is immaterial because they are already in the Cluster and engaged in an rp. Just because a fleet arrives in the Cluster does not mean all 60 worlds of the Cluster automatically know right then and there of the fleet. We are talking 60 different solar systems and the space inbetween. On the galactic scale, the Cluster may be small but it's still a large piece of real estate. As for the people involved in the battle taking place between Hapes and Lorell (Brutus and Zark), they can come to an agreement as to how that will end. As for the disposition of Lorell, Xilen (unfoundedly) jumped the gun with his claiming of the planet for the Union because:

1. The Lorell planetary takeover was not his rp to begin with..
2. At the time of request there was no Union presence on Lorell..

If the thread were to end right now, assuming it has 5000 words, the planet would go to the Hapan Consortium and the Commonwealth (on the OOC planetary list).

The opposite would be true of Dreena as:

1. The planetary takeover was started by the Union
2. The Consortium/CW presence is not enough (in my opinion) to rest control of Dreena from it's IC ties to Relephon's influence.

So, if the thread were to abruptly end with no more posts, and there is 5000 words, then the planet would go to the Union (in the OOC planet list).

The Hapan Consortium and Commonwealth have absolute control over 11 Hapes Cluster worlds due to OOC ownership. The rest of the Cluster worlds (63 in all I believe) can be considered IC following along with the rule of Hapes but this, in itself, does not mean those other planets cannot be taken over or messed with.

The story of Relephon (while Lup considers it whoring from Xilen and given it's Xilen's third attempt at it I would tend to agree) is a unique situation that took advantage of certain IC elements going on with Hapes/Commonwealth.

Just as Hapes claims influence over the entire Cluster, so to the Empire claims influence over most their sections of the galaxy. However, these "claims" do not mean that someone cannot work up an ingenius story and write a planetary takeover of such worlds as these worlds are not OOC owned by either TNO (or in the case of the Cluster, Hapes).

Now, with regards to Hapes, Seth Vinda worked his magic to ensure the IC solvency of the Consortium even without actually OOC owning all the Cluster worlds. And while it does not stop the truly persistent rp'er from starting a planetary takeover it does provide the IC framework that rp'er must adhere too.

So, while it did not stop Xilen/Union, it does limit their success within the Cluster.

With Lup's new thread for Relephon, since it seems it is Lupercus and Sith Co. fighting and not Dakkon fighting (from what I've scanned), at this point if they win Relephon it would go to TNO or TSO (TNO because Lupercus is a Governor of Corellian Diktat and TSO because he's a Sith Master) ownership, but not necessarily Hapes Consortium. I cannot see Lupercus fighting for his brother's right to rule the Consortium.

(Definitions taken from Wookeepedia)

Hapes Consortium: The Hapes Consortium was the ruling government and consortium of the Hapes Cluster. A hereditary monarchy based on the capital world of Hapes, it ruled over the region in isolation since before 3,000 BBY, protected by the Transitory Mists. It spanned 63 closely positioned star systems, each with an inhabited world.

On TRF: The Hapes Consortium controlls 11 worlds (OOC) and the other 52 are mere IC (for lack of a better term) NPC-worlds at this point and open for rp'ers. However, IC they are a part of the Hapes Consortium and this must be taken into account. You cannot simply pick one of the 63 and say it never was a part of the Consortium.

Hapes Cluster: The Hapes Cluster was a grouping of several hundred stars within the area of nebulous gases known as the Transitory Mists—an impediment to hyperspace navigation which had kept the stars of the cluster isolated from the rest of the Galaxy from before 3,000 BBY. This region's high density of stars, nebulae and moons bathed its worlds—especially Hapes—in bright light, which caused the Hapans to lose most of their night vision over the centuries.

There were four distinct regions within the Cluster.

The Interior Region, which contained Hapes, Thrakia, Selab, and Gallinore, among others. The area was originally used as a base for the Lorell Raiders, and later became the first region that the first Queen Mother conquered.

The Rifle Worlds, so named because of an earlier attempt from several worlds of that region to secede from the Consortium. It eventually became the commerce base of the Consortium, much to the disgust and annoyance of the residents.

The Rim Worlds (not to be confused with the Outer Rim), which are the worlds near the edge of the Cluster.

The Transitory Mists Region, which is mostly comprised of the Transitory Mists. Most of the Hapan pirates liked to hide in this area to ambush unsuspecting travelers. The only known planet in this region is Terephon.

Known planets
Arabanth
Charubah
Dreena
Gallinore
Hapes
Lorell
Maires
Olanjii
Reboam
Relephon (w/ the Relephon Moons)
Selab
Terephon
Thrakia
Ut
Vergill

There is alot of room for discussion as the Cluster is home to hundreds of systems and the Consortium only comprises 63. And there is also room for discussion with regards to Hapes (since only 11 worlds are OOC owned). I don't think Brutus is out of line to want to talk. However, I was under the impression Relephon was on the outer edge of Hapes Consortium but it seems Lupercus thinks it's smack dab in the middle of the Consortium's Inner Region. It does seem sort of stupid to start this 'rebellious' movement in the heart of the Consortium.

Then again, Hapans are backstabbing bitches so...
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 5:40pm
From what I've read from Xilen's RP, he always wrote Relephon as being in an out of the way portion of Consortium space, likely either the Rim Worlds or the Rifle Worlds.

As much as I would love to agree with Lupercus at this point and no longer have to worry over the safety of the Consortium, I'm afraid we all must look at things logically without the memory of Xilen getting in the way. This is how things stand.

The Relephon Moons have been taken in accordance with TRF rules by The Union under The Hapan Regency subfaction. The plot devised to take Relephon, while concocted by a prick, is rational and acceptable. Therefore, the people who ultimately decide whether or not Relephon remains with the Union or becomes a Consortium world is The Union, unless it is taken by force by the Consortium.

The planetary takeover of Lorell is a roleplay started by the Hapan Consortium, and, while there is still conflict ongoing in the roleplay, the Consortium was "winning" with regards to actually taking over the planet. IE, there is a Commonwealth diplomatic envoy on the surface of Lorell, and there is no Regency/Union presence planetside. If the RP were to end abruptly, the world would go to the Consortium, although there is some question with regards to the Consortium's Conquerer, The Crown's Blade, and its survival. I, for one, would not be willing to see this roleplay go unfinished, but would be more than willing to cooperate with Brutus in coming to an acceptable ending.

The planetary takeover of Dreena, on the other hand, was started by The Union and The Hapan Regency, and while there is currently conflict ongoing, I will admit that The Union has the stronger hold planetside. However, there is the question of the rather large Consortium fleet in nearby space, at a sort of stand off with vessels allied with The Hapan Regency. If the thread were to stop abruptly the world would likely go to The Hapan Regency, but again, I would be unwilling to just give up on it, and might be open to cooperation regarding the world.

So that is where we stand.
  • Posted On: May 19 2007 8:55pm
Its basically the same situation that BDE and its 'declared space' endures...We say its ours, we make sure the rest of the galaxy knows its ours.... we even go to big meetings to say "this is ours, don't colonize it." And at the end of the day all we can do is throw our arms in the air when another group moves in to take worlds there, lol....