Borderlands (Xbox 360, mainly)
  • Posted On: Oct 21 2009 9:46am
Just got it, and gave it a short 3-4 hour whirl to test it out. I have to admit it's not too bad; I like the concept, which is basically Fallout 3, except with 4 player co-op and a cell shaded art style.

My one concern at this point, though, is the very limited character selection (you have 4 people to choose from, and that's all). There's no creator, so you can't change anything about your 'player', save for name and clothing colors... which is sad.

I do, however, like the idea of joining any online game and bringing in every detail of your character - weapons, skills, items, experience points, etc, etc, and they continue to grow; so when you finally go back to your own game, everything you did online is still counted, and you can continue right where you left off (with the mission progress being different, or not).

It's probably worth a look, however I have to admit this is probably a 'filler' until some of the better titles come out - ala, Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, and (perhaps) Dragon Age: Origins.

Not too sure about the last one there, but I have the other two paid in full and waiting for release.
  • Posted On: Oct 21 2009 10:25am
  • Posted On: Oct 21 2009 5:51pm
Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2

Wish List.

CoD4II!!
  • Posted On: Oct 22 2009 12:08am
Hehe...

And, yes, that's my wish list - and my 'paid off wish list', which is even cooler than just a standard wish list. I got a nice tax return, and paid those two beauties off the next day.
  • Posted On: Oct 31 2009 1:13pm
I've got it for PC
  • Posted On: Nov 1 2009 12:14am
Awesome.

I'm almost to the point of actively waiting for the release, so I'm going to use Dragon Age: Origins as my 'COD4 and AC II is almost but not quite here' survival kit.
  • Posted On: Nov 2 2009 6:38pm
Yea, I've got Dragon Age and Assassins Creed on my order list. I got convinced of DA due to a trailer called 'Sacred Ashes'

Plus, some of the ingame work is pretty damned cool. :D

Borderlands is a fun game, but it's got some of the most annoying bugs I've seen in a game yet.
  • Posted On: Nov 2 2009 9:32pm
Also...

The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Best DLC (also available on proprietary 360 game disc complete with Lost and Dammed) ever!

New guns, new cars, new missions.

Oh...

And an APC.
  • Posted On: Nov 5 2009 11:04pm
Dragon Age is fun. Not co-op fun, as it 'could' (see: should) have been, but single-player fun.