A question
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2003 7:18am
Figured this was likely best place to ask...if I am wrong I do apologize.

First and foremost I got interested in RPing Star Wars all due to Star Wars Galaxies. This of course presents a problem from the get go for me as I only have the knowledge I gained of the genre from the movies and my own (limited) research on certain species, and I admit all the work you have put into the timeline this board is set in is a bit...intimiating. Plus the character I have I wish to RP here is an actual SWG character of mine and while I am confident I can pretty much plop him in any timeline with only some minor adjustments to his background, I am not so sure about the 'status' of his race in this boards timeline.
Basically, my character is a Trandoshan, and in the earliest days of his exsistance I gathered what information I could on his race...but there is very little information out there on them and some of what I've found is conflicting (ie. one source says they lose regeneration at middle age...another at young adult...which is it!?). The only source I have not looked into is the EU books (which I do want to start reading...but have no idea where to start!).
So my question is what is your stance on Trandoshans...and what information do you have on them that I may not (The Essential guide to Alien Species is one source I have, another is from a SWRPG book)? The more I know, the more I will be better able to make my character fit into this timeline.
Ok...I actually have two Tran characters I wish to RP here...but the other (a female) I need to work over more so then the first I think, as she's an escaped experiment from an Imperial Lab in the SWG timeline.
If ye need to know more about my characters let me know.

*bows* Many thanks for any assistance you can provide...

Trazu: Laid on the noble stuff a bit thick there didn't you?

*scowls* This...is one of them..btw...*pushes the intruding Tran out of the post*
In 'true' RP he isn't as much of a smart butt thankfully...
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2003 12:31pm
There's a tonne of information about Trandoshans and things relatiing to them HERE. Don't believe we have anyone of that species here yet, so I'm sure the characters will be welcomed :)

If you haven't already, I'd advise lurking about a bit and getting a feel for the place.
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2003 3:15pm
*looks over the site, tongue lighty licking her jaws with interest* yes...there is room for my own interpetation here.
If I am indeed the first to wish to roleplay a Trandoshan here, then it will be an honor.

*looks at the clock* I am short on time this morning...so I will leave you with a taste of my interpetation of Trandoshan culture.

-Tale of Two Brothers-

I 'do' need to adjust that short story slightly however, namely the last sentance...
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2003 3:32pm
Welcome to TRF. And if I might make a suggestion about where to start in the EU books. Go with the X-wing series to start.
  • Posted On: Nov 25 2003 7:01pm
You may find this useful as well:

Trandoshan
These humanoid reptiles were native to the planet Trandosha. They had long arms, which ended in wide, splayed fingers. Their heads were blunt, with beady red eyes and a mouth full of sharp teeth. Their scales ranged in color from orange to ochre to brown, and individuals with green scales were not uncommon. Much of their body could be regenerated if lost, so a Trandoshan could fight much harder without risk of permanent injury. Being a vicious, warlike race, the Trandoshans evolved into hunters, and were especially proficient at hunting Wookiees, which inhabited the nearby planet of Kashyyyk. Trandoshans hunted Wookiees with a vengeance after the Wookiees put severe restrictions on tourist to Kashyyyk and the surrounding system, in an effort to halt the damage to their forests. This cut off large sums of credits from the Trandoshans, who retaliated by killing the Wookiees for sport. This practice was stopped by the Galactic Senate, which ruled that the Wookiees were not game animals and were to be left alone. It was a Trandoshan official who sold the idea of enslaving Wookiees - rather than simply leveling Kashyyyk - to the Empire, a deal which Emperor Palpatine readily agreed to. After the Battle of Endor, Trandoshans were once again forced to stop pillaging Kashyyyk for Wookiee individuals when the New Republic threatened economic sanctions against them. (COTF, MTS, TBH, WOTC)

Welcome to TRF.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2003 2:29am
Thank you for your welcomes. I will lurk a bit first(well...try to...as I love RPing ;) ) before making my entry. I've already decided which one of my characters to start off with on here when I do join and how to start her off (just haven't written it yet...would have at work today *eyes shift* but ended up being too busy).

See ye soon in RP :)
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2003 3:44am
Welcome to TRF. If you want to join a group...join the Galactic Coalition, we are cool(link at bottom of page, under Lightside. If you aren't actually fleet RPing(fighting against someone else), then you probably won't have any trouble. One note is to ignore some people here, especially if you are fleet RPing, because we tend to get serious, get angry at each other, and annoy each other to no end.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2003 4:02am
The GC is also getting their butt whipped in the current galactic war.
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2003 4:08am
heh, with my style of RPing I tend not get into many fights...nor do I really have a set 'storyline' for the character involved: I keep myself flexible this way :) . I hate 'godmoding' above all else in RPed fights though (I refer to it as 'powerplaying' on my own RP board), so I am a fair fighter :)

Not looking to join a group at the moment, mainly because of how I am planning on bringing in my character.

*a white female trandoshan walks in...a scowl on her face* Asri: I don't like what you are planning here...I can't keep my Teras Kasi skills!?

*groans* Another invaded post...*sigh* Asri...this is a completely different timeline...I need to make adjustments...

Asri: *growls* but giving me am...*gets gagged*

Now now...no spoilers...*ears fold back as she gets in Asri's face* and i suggest you butt out of this post before I end up deciding to do worse things to you here...

Asri: *would go paler if she could...and promptly leaves the area*

Griping characters...so annoying...need constant 'persuesive maintainance' on them...*sigh*
  • Posted On: Nov 26 2003 4:43am
If I may ask, why not simply join the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium?